Miniatures.com

tjb

There seems to be 3 or 4 furniture pieces in a grab bag and then lots of smaller items.  I will post some pics of what I got this time.  The last time I got one that seemed to be mainly building items--windows and a door and a fireplace (plus smaller items.) I scored a Reutter mantle clock like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Mantle-Clock-Working-by-Reutter-Porcelain/193155183437?hash=item2cf8f2334d:g:9HMAAOSw7aNcyvov&redirect=mobile.  It didn't work so that was why it was in the grab bag, but it is still a beautiful mini. So it seems to be scratch and dent items or individual pieces from what would normally be sold as a set.  The scratch and dent items are always salvageable by painting or fixing a hinge or, like the mantle clock I got, they can still be used in a mini setting.  I imagine if I really, really wanted to I could probably get the clock fixed but I won't since the cost would probably be prohibitive if I could even find a clock maker or watch repair person.

It's always fun to see what you got when your grab bag arrives, even if some of it ends up being items you won't use yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and ordered a grab bag. It arrived today. I am really disappointed. The biggest item is a rather simplistic white dresser with a mirror above it, not very realistic. I might consider beating is up a bit and burying it under discarded items in an attic. There are two kitchen chairs painted white with blue trim that can probably be repainted and used in a kitchen or on a porch, maybe in the Pierce/Bohemian inn. The rest of the bag was a lot of printed items --- books, newspapers, over-sized (for 1:12) playing cards, a half dozen something-or-others that are printed on roughly fan-shaped thin black paper with a hard-to-see gold print of a face, and a lot of tiny items that too small or too blurred to make out what they're supposed to be. I don't think I'll take the chance again. I'd rather spend my money on something I want.