phoenixjoni

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Dollhouse building and minis.  I got a taste of model building in college. We built Landscape Design models. It re-started my love of Model building. When I was young I inherited my Grandmothers old Antique Singer sewing machine.  I of course learned to sew and decided to start making lovely Barbie clothes. That led to designing Barbie houses from cardboard boxes.  I did a fair build. That also led to creatively finding objects I could use to create furniture and decor items for the "Barbie House"   I was young and had no money to buy the fancy store things.  So I spent many years doing that.  Now that I am nearing my retirement age, I want to start this new hobby of Dollhouses and miniatures.  I have been doing a lot of research and photo collecting of ideas and information.  I am currently looking at the Beacon Hill Dollhouse as my starting point.  I have a few questions that I need to resolve first though. That's why I came here hoping to find more information and a resource for some help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenixjoni said:

... I have a few questions that I need to resolve first though. That's why I came here hoping to find more information and a resource for some help.

Ask away, Joni. You have come to the right place. You will find an amazing depth of talent, experience, and empathy here. Welcome!!

• 4 weeks later...