Thanksgiving Dinner

jaxenro

I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving tomorrow 

This year we decided to stay home as my wife has been falling lately and it will just be the two of us. I have been doing the cooking since she got Parkinson’s so we are trying a non traditional T-Day dinner. I am making roast lamb over shrimp and cornbread stuffing with broccoli florets drizzled with hollandaise sauce on the side plus crescent rolls and cranberry sauce. NY cheesecake and pumpkin pie for desert. What are you having? Traditional or other?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaxenro said:

I am making roast lamb over shrimp and cornbread stuffing with broccoli florets drizzled with hollandaise sauce on the side plus crescent rolls and cranberry sauce.

My goodness, Joel! What a sumptuous menu! Where do you live and do I have time to get there before dinner?  :D 

That all sounds delish! Staying home myself this year as well.  One of the furkids has been at the vet clinic all week, home now and seemingly back to her old self. Just one more thing to be thankful for! I have no clue what will be on the menu, it should be interesting. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Pork tenderloin medallions with a spicy dry rub (Isla Bonita Pork in my Miami Cuban cookbook), yellow rice with spinach, green bean casserole and mince pie.  I didn't notice until I was opening the jars to put into the pie crust that Nonesuch puts rum and brandy into their mincemeat, according to the label; since I normally use only one or the other, not both, I will be interested to see how we like it.

The middle son & wife (exceedingly picky eater, mumble, mumble) arrive on the weekend and I'm planning stuffed mirlitons whilst they are here (hers without shrimp in the stuffing).

we went to my sister in laws, my hubbys mom isn't doing too well and she gets confused by large groups so the siblings will eat upstairs with her and the rest of us will be in the basement and have food later when they take her back to the home. we weren't supposed to talk about politics/religion or the military because her daughter and son in law have ptsd and it would unravel all the work they did with their therapist (neither one of them has seen combat they were both stationed in the states but we have to abide by the rules.) as it turned out they didn't show up ...lets see what happens for christmas

wow! Such sumptuous sounding meals you all had!  Hubby and I had two dinners this year: Thanksgiving Day we traveled down to DC to have dinner with my son and DIL....and almost had an "after dinner" baby! :D  Her BP went up and her feet were really swollen that morning, so she called her doc after dinner and he had them come in.  They took all their baby stuff-just in case.  But, turns out all was ok and her protein levels in the urine weren't high enough to warrant an induction.  So no Thanksgiving Baby.  She is actually in the hospital now, as I type...she was scheduled for induction last evening. So we should have grandbaby #3 sometime today! :clap:

Our second dinner was on Saturday with my girls and family- including my 2-week old grandson!  Wonderful day of traditional Thanksgiving food and lots of baby-holding!

• Like 3

@jbnmini I am looking forward to grand babies, so I enjoy your stories.

We traveled to centralish Texas from Las Vegas in our RV to see my hubby's Mom and sister. It was a nice 20 hour drive in which we all caught and passed along the plague..... :note:Dashing through the snow, coughing and snorting all the way :note: On the way home, we got stuck in the aftermath of a winter storm accident for about 4 hours. I am so Thankful to be home!

We went out to eat in a restaurant built to look like the inside of an old wooden boat. I chose to go with the traditional turkey accompanied by delicious cranberry and pumpkin breads and 2 big glasses of a very tasty sangria. I tried to attach a picture, but I can't seem to be able to at this time. It's a really cute cellar pub.

• Like 1