Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

what's missing from this little bedroom?

17 posts in this topic

I've been working on this little roombox (actually inside a little suitcase-type box) off and on for a few months.

It's not my typical style, but I wanted to try something new. It has kind of a Southwest-llama theme. I like how it looks so far, but I feel like it needs more accessories. I don't want anything super-modern like a laptop but I did order an old-fashioned looking alarm clock for the nightstand. I also think it needs a (non-working_ lamp but I cant find one that fits into the theme well.

What would you add to this scene?

llama.jpg

You could make a lamp from a bead and paper shade. :) 

Articles of clothing? A couple cookies on a plate by the drink? One would have a bite taken out of it, of course, some crumbs. :D  A radio or record player? Plants? Maybe a cactus?

1 person likes this

An important question is, who lives here? That way it's easier to figure out what else should go into the room. 

43 minutes ago, grazhina said:

An important question is, who lives here? That way it's easier to figure out what else should go into the room. 

Who collects life-sized llamas and puts them in the bedroom?

18 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Who collects life-sized llamas and puts them in the bedroom?

A teenager? A little girl? A grown woman with a thing for llamas? In the town down the road someone kept llamas in their back yard during the summertime, then sent them somewhere to overwinter. Maybe they kept big stuffed llamas in the house because they missed having them around in January? You never know. It's a funny ole world.

Clothes, dolls, stuffed animals (other than llamas) a llama coloring book & crayons, shoes, hats on a hatrack, an open board game, a  handbag, a tote bag, a poncho, a snack , an unfinished lunch (one of my kids once stashed a half eaten taco in his toy box), a pile of clean laundry on the bed - that's all I got.

1 person likes this

A loom because it is really a South American alpaca.  There could be some cloth started on the loom made with alpaca wool. Maybe some colorful skirts like a worry doll would have.

1 person likes this

I do recall a member on Small Stuff who raised alpacas for mini doll hair as well as the yarn she spun from their wool; someone like her is who I thought of when I read Grazhe's question.  Maybe a hand spindle/ drop spindle?

20 hours ago, tjb said:

O my goodness! Your linked video cuts out after 3 mins 3 seconds--it's like a cliffhanger!! I looked and found the whole 3 mins 53 seconds....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hr70LytvbI

Glad you found another version. (You never know what you'll get with youtube - and I did a quick search for it, thinking it was the one I've used with my students). 

Then there's the poem by Ogden Nash:

The one-l lama,

He's a priest,

The two-l llama,

He's a beast.

And I will bet

A silk pajama

There isn't any

Three-l lllama.*

(Nash appended this footnote later)*The author's attention has been called to the type of conflagration known as a three-alarmer.

1 person likes this