Hello from Newfoundland!

Benni

I've always had an interest in miniature things -- they are so darn cute! 

Now that I'm retired, and can afford to indulge in the hobby.

I've wanted to find a hobby I could do with one hand, without anyone having to help me. Having had a stroke,  3 years ago, I've not been able to do much on my own. Right side paralyzed (thankfully I'm left handed).

I'm not really interested in doing a dollhouse, I'd rather do room displays. I want to do a room in a display box, hanging it on the wall. Different ideas for different rooms -- garden, doctors office, grocery store, etc.

I'm hoping to get Input from you, guidance, etc.

Thanks for letting me join! 

• Like 1

Hi Barbara, and welcome to the forum! We're long on experience here, and you'll find many ready to share tips and insights. All you have to do is ask. :)  What's really nice about having many responses is that you'll get more than one way to solve a problem and can choose what works best for you. There's not just one way to accomplish our goals. Keep in mind my personal mantra: smoke and mirrors. It doesn't have to be real to look realistic.

You have so many ideas -- what will you do first?  

Welcome to the little family, Barbara.  This is a good hobby to do with physical challenges, because it puts you in The Zone and you can timelessly do whatever you want.  I love your ideas for vignettes.

Thank you all for the nice welcome!  First of all, I go by Benni. The only reason I gave my given name is because I thought it was for legal issues.  Please call me Benni. 

I'm going to have many questions. I'll post them in a new post later. :)

• 2 weeks later...