BStazz

Hello, 

Its Christmas time I have a 4 year old granddaughter who is to dills.  I have had a dollhouse kit stashed for years.  It" s the Buttercup from Corona.  Which I see is pretty popular I see.  So I decided to make it up for her as the grand present from May May..   Havent much touched working on doll house since the 90's.  But hay is it like riding  bike.  What I knew stays with me.  We have so many glue options now.  I have a stack of scrapbook paper.  Which i'll use for the house.  At first I wanted it to be shabby chic.  But then I relized she too young fo that style.

I have looked at many of the beautiful cretive houses done by ya all.  It great inspiration.

See ya around,

BStazz

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Brenda.  If your granddaughter is very young I would suggest leaving off the doors and windows for now and using a washable semi-gloss paint that can be painted over later with primer after removing the stickers and crayon (primer will cover the magic marker) and doors and windows can be added when she is older.  The Buttercup is a great first house for children and just the right size for Li'l Bratz-size dolls.

Hi Havana Holly,

Great suggestions.  I'll see what my daughter thinks.  (My daughter and I worked on a house long ago.)  She's pretty strict.    I like the paper I put on already.  I don't like the painted look in a dollhouse. 

Might be real smart to leave the door off. 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...