Harrison issue

Jovet Hunter

Hello I’m hoping I can get some (quick) help.  I'm making a Harrison for Christmas and have run into a snafu.  I am at step 7, and am attaching the third floor from sheet 6.  When I attempt to attach it to the house front from sheet four, however, the slot labeled “second floor” proves to be too narrow to fit the slots labeled “gables” on the third floor.  I’m attaching a photo of it helps.  I don’t think cutting the tabs will help; am I meant to cut the slot wider?  Ive never built a dollhouse before so I'm hesitant to do any modifications to it though I do see that the purpose of a test fit is to modify an imperfect fit.  this seems to be too much of an imperfect fit.  Thank you for any assistance.

https://imgur.com/a/PGlWihS

23 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I'm not familiar with the Harrison in particular, but when I'm building, if something looks way off, I look to see if I may have accidentally flipped the pieces.

That’s what I had thought, but everything else lines up, it has a side tower.  I thought it got turned upside down or the front got turned backward but the tower support and bay windows are in the right place.  I can’t figure it out.