occupants?

LeeB

I didn't even think of that issue that these dolls may not be suitable for young children. If this was a European country where nudity isn't shamed or forbidden, probably not. But those of us in the western part of the world...yeah, I didn't even think of that. My apologies for being the one to bring up the suggestion in the first place.

Off topic but I like the clothing you got for your dolls Nell. Did you make them yourself or did you buy them? I'm not good at sewing at all so I'll probably end up buying some pre-made clothes off of the etsy seller that was suggested from Carrie.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NellBell said:

I have 2 Phicen dolls. They are fun and the defiantly look as thought they have seen the plastic surgeon.  I changed the hair it was really easy to do on one doll. I also repaint the lips only.The measure 5.5" flat footed I just measured mine. Clothes a little hard to get on because of the silicone skin. Just dust with a little powder. Shoes that are cheap and work for them are the Kelly tennis shoes and boots . 

Did you use a pre-made wig to change the hair?  What do you use to wipe the lip colour off before re-painting?  Apparently you're supposed to dust these dolls once a month to keep them from becoming sticky?  Where do you find Kelly shoes?  Thanks Nell!!

14 hours ago, Duckie said:

I didn't even think of that issue that these dolls may not be suitable for young children. If this was a European country where nudity isn't shamed or forbidden, probably not. But those of us in the western part of the world...yeah, I didn't even think of that. My apologies for being the one to bring up the suggestion in the first place.

Off topic but I like the clothing you got for your dolls Nell. Did you make them yourself or did you buy them? I'm not good at sewing at all so I'll probably end up buying some pre-made clothes off of the etsy seller that was suggested from Carrie.

Don't apologize, you suggested nothing wrong. They are no different than a Barbie except one little part. The male doll in neutered LOL! Most kids wouldn't think twice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

My bad.  Sherri's site is minidollkit.com.

That was one of the reasons I asked what they were made of, wasn't sure if the name was just mis-spelled  (I've tried writing that word about 4 times and it still doesn't look right!).  But no - there actually is a different place which I've not seen before! :bigwink:

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Don't apologize, you suggested nothing wrong. They are no different than a Barbie except one little part. The male doll in neutered LOL! Most kids wouldn't think twice.

From what I understand Carrie, not all the males are neutered......  :D 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Duckie said:

I wish it wasn't so but it can be like that here in the US when it comes to nudity.  There not gross or anything just really busty I wish you could get them in a more normal body style. You know the whole body image thing they are not east to dress either for young hands. The male counterpart dolls are just like Ken. 

I didn't make the clothes . There's a couple of ladies on Etsy that do a great job fitting these doll. I can sew and have started looking at stretchy materials to make clothes because they can get pricey. So I will attempt some clothing. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shareb said:

Did you use a pre-made wig to change the hair?  What do you use to wipe the lip colour off before re-painting?  Apparently you're supposed to dust these dolls once a month to keep them from becoming sticky?  Where do you find Kelly shoes?  Thanks Nell!!

I cut all her hair off and glued hair directly onto the head. I did buy a wig and I'm not feeling it as I just think it's to much hair. To take off the lips or eyes you use pure acetone or strong nail polish remover. The nail polish remover will take a bit of time to get it off. Oh yeah after painting you seal with a matte sealer.

I found Kelly shoes on EBAY or ALIEXPRESS

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I have been collecting my dollhouse dolls for the past 30 years.  I do want them to reflect my family of 5 as close as possible, but there are a few extra acquisitions that I couldn't resist such as the French maid (tags still attached done by a Barbara Cooper of Cary NC), the nanny and the cook, which was purchased from Sherri Colvin's minidollkits.     I also just purchased my first 1/12 scale Phicen lady but she needs clothes!   

On 1/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, NellBell said:

opps also I just went back and read who started the tread. Theses are cool dolls but not for young granddaughters. They might be to life like.

Where did you find clothes for your Phicen?  I have one and would like to get her covered. LOL. 

Lovely post and I had heard of Phicen but not really seen them so nice to have photos and see them in dioramas.                                                                                                       I found this the other day while on a website that shows Instagram posts. https://www.picuki.com/profile/metis.mihui

metis.mihui metis.mihui

They are 12 cm resin ball jointed dolls. I literally fell in love when I saw the second photo. I plan to use her in my dollhouse as she is perfect for my project.                                  Just thought I would post as ball jointed dolls (and there are so many different companies) are so moveable and customisable. I never thought I would want a doll in a doll house but this one has changed my mind. 

I have a Phicen too and as with Carrie, mine is also still unclothed - except for a pair of Doc Marten Boots!!!  I do have jeans on order from Etsy but postage this year is pretty ridiculous so still waiting!  The clothing for them is pretty pricey.  I'm also about to order a Zjakazumi Doll from Etsy - they're bjd's (ball jointed) in different sizes.  Plus I have three Sherri Colvin dolls and have another on it's way to me. :cheezy:

Phicen are notoriously hard to dress because of what they're made of.  Apparently one of the best ways to dress is to use those really thin plastic gloves that come with hair dye, slip that over the leg and then pull the pant leg up over it, then pull the glove finger out.  Makes it more slippery.  Plus you're supposed to powder your Phicen dolls once a month if they're out on display - stops the substance getting sticky apparently.

3 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Tinkerbelle They are beautiful

Here is another BJD artist from Poland https://www.etsy.com/shop/Zjakazumi?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=653216303

Sometimes she has auctions on eBay as well.

SNAP Carrie - just mentioned the Zjakazumi dolls!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Tinkerbelle They are beautiful

Here is another BJD artist from Poland https://www.etsy.com/shop/Zjakazumi?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=653216303

Sometimes she has auctions on eBay as well.

Thank you :) I will take a look at the link you provided

19 hours ago, Shareb said:

My Phicen's jeans turned up today!  I bought them from Rainbow Daisies on Etsy. 

119739570_632728687445008_6787538962208278578_n-Optimized.jpg

120087550_554778411939255_880031343996597549_n-Optimized.jpg

Omg! What attitude! Her head is tilted just that little bit to the side...she must know she's "all that" in her new jeans. Lol I've seen same body language on some of my middle school girls.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Love the boots!

Yes!  Doc Martens by Shepherd Miniatures!  They're brilliant!

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

Omg! What attitude! Her head is tilted just that little bit to the side...she must know she's "all that" in her new jeans. Lol I've seen same body language on some of my middle school girls.

Lol - right!!!! :D

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I got another jointed male from Wish and he's ORANGE!  He has tats on each shoulder, so I might make him somebody's yard man and pass off the orange color as sunburn.

LOL.  

Here is my Phicen.  I saw another post online where someone had used clothing from a Boxy Doll.  I found one on clearance at Walmart and figured that was a good deal for an outfit.   The skirt fits perfectly.  The top is tight and the velcro doesn't close perfectly, but her hair covers it so for $5, this works for now.  

I have seen the jeans on Etsy and they are on my wishlist.  

FBDADB59-1515-4FA6-8E95-82CFEB8A638A_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I got another jointed male from Wish and he's ORANGE!  He has tats on each shoulder, so I might make him somebody's yard man and pass off the orange color as sunburn.

Put some bad hair on him......trumper.jpg.f9852003ec27e81751ddb6bce180ecb4.jpg

• Like 1