Help identifying this house?

thatgirldownstairs

I recently purchased a dollhouse I found at a local flea market for $28. I'm beginning ripping the carpet out and removing the wallpaper tonight but for the time being I was wondering if anyone knows the maker or name of this dollhouse?

This is surprisingly very sturdy when transported and lifted. I'm assuming it has been around awhile as the style of the shag carpet and the old paper lining they used inside of drawers was laid in the kitchen area. Was very happy to discover it as it was hidden among a few other large items!

Not sure if I should start with interior or exterior after removing the carpeting and wallpaper?

Thank you! :D

20200105_131008.jpg

• Like 1

Updating, ripped out the carpet completely last night and have a few pieces that still held with what I think may have been wood glue to hold it down. Also trying to remove the excess glue left behind from the carpet. Trying to remove that now.

I did find a few treasures underneath the carpet so that was a pleasant surprise! Unsure of what the clear glass piece is? Thought perhaps it was supposed to imitate a light  bulb?

20200105_155749.jpg

Edited by thatgirldownstairs
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So excited I found this thread. So so excited. I had to make an account just so I could respond to you!

A few months ago, I found this beauty and all its treasures for $40. I haven’t done anything to it yet because I’m finishing up another house first. Check out my photos — I think we have the same house! (Sorry the light is not ideal.) I’ll post pictures of the instructions and sweet note I found inside too!

A1300D3C-1DA1-46E2-BD11-46D26E3AFA0E.jpeg

A7E5CC3C-1943-4B8E-9CFC-E86FFCFCF2B0.jpeg

C997FC6D-F4CE-4A67-A4B1-62115492EEC6.jpeg

5E7B2C67-011A-4CBC-A27A-A06DD817F29C.jpeg

Edited by EarlyMom
Problems adding photos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, EarlyMom said:

Hopefully more instruction photos to follow. What brand is this?

I love the note! It looks like she did play nicely with it too. The brand is Afton classics, like the instructions read. There is another model on eBay right now named Rosehill. I am assuming they are no longer in business. They look like great kits.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Afton-Classics-Rosehill-Dollhouse-Kit-4008/184173654442?hash=item2ae19af1aa:g:X2QAAOSwPihd0FiH

• Like 1

I was wondering if Afton Classics actually was the name of the brand or if it was some long-closed store because I’ve never heard of it and couldn’t find much about it online ... and nothing at all about the “Williamsburg”! Thanks for posting the link about the Rosehill house!! These photos of the Greenfield house look similar to the Williamsburg minus the porch: https://s31.photobucket.com/user/purple87ss/Afton%2520Classic%2520Dollhouse/story

I am so glad you did make an account and post as well as sent me a mail!

You got a steal of a price with all that gorgeous furniture to boot! And the beautiful note and backstory with it!

You are the first person I've come across now that knows the kit it is from! I've met a few others through facebook in groups who had the same house but knew nothing about it or could only remember the year.

Seeing yours, I really want that open and closing of the attic, mine is missing that.

If you do happen to, I would absolutely LOVE to see all the instructions! Everyone's house that I've ran into like this always has slight differences that I was always curious what the actual intended layout and such were originally.

The album through photobucket, I enjoyed that as well! This is why I've probably encountered a few others on facebook which mentioned theirs was similiar but had a front porch. 

It's nice to know this is from a kit because I thought the build was made sturdily well and I would love the Rosehill!

• 2 years later...

So glad I came across this! I have an Afton Classics dollhouse NEW in the box! My parents bought this for me in 1982ish and we never put it together. My dad and I just decided to build it this year! It is the Mt Vernon kit 1002, which is basically the Williamsburg kit with a porch and pillars. I have all the instructions. 
Not sure  how to add photos…

Edited by NaomiWhite
Question
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NaomiWhite said:

So glad I came across this! I have an Afton Classics dollhouse NEW in the box! My parents bought this for me in 1982ish and we never put it together. My dad and I just decided to build it this year! It is the Mt Vernon kit 1002, which is basically the Williamsburg kit with a porch and pillars. I have all the instructions. 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, EarlyMom said:

Here are a few of the other treasures that were inside this house. The fireplace was built and signed in 1981. Pretty neat!B6B6609F-2E0C-4B57-8D37-0A48FB53869E.thu12FEBFFD-C300-4E73-88CB-C9255E4C549D.thu6EB68579-DF28-4074-800E-4944CD71E0FD.thu

Edited by jdodyd
My mistake, hit wrong button.

• 8 months later...

naomi, when you have made five posts you can make an album of photos in the Forum Gallery.  I found a lot of that bent wire furniture in a Chinese shop in San Francisco in the early 1990s and I'm thinking that the Bonnie Glo kitchen range is a salesman's sample, either antique or reproduction.