Southern Mansion SM-700 value

Zac

Hello Greenleaf community!

I inherited, and have subsequently built, the Dura-craft Southern Mansion (SM-700) kit from my grandmother. It was a great project, but the completed mansion is just too big for our house. I'd like to sell the completed build and was hoping this community could help me identify a fair price. Google Photo Album of the build process: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iOChUYSVr5MC5Gkf2 

How much should I ask for something like this? It took dozens of hours to build. The house is complete, with original manual and all extra wood bits.

Thanks!

Did you do any finishing work on the house at all, or will the purchaser have to put in the papering, paint, stain, lighting, etc?  You might check on Ebay to see what others are asking (and getting) for the same model house.  Be advised that no matter how much time and work you put into a dollhouse you will probably never recover your expenses.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your link isn't working for me.

A dollhouse is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and as Holly mentioned we rarely recoup what we put into it! Looking at completed auctions on eBay is a good way to gauge what people are willing to pay. If you're able to fix your link we might be able to give you some better advice.

2 hours ago, fov said:

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your link isn't working for me.

A dollhouse is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and as Holly mentioned we rarely recoup what we put into it! Looking at completed auctions on eBay is a good way to gauge what people are willing to pay. If you're able to fix your link we might be able to give you some better advice.

Try this link.

• 6 months later...

It is a big house isn't  it! I bought another house kit 1st but stumbled upon the Grand Mansion on Craigslist a lady was selling for $10. Most of the pieces (tons of pieces!)were there but had to get creative with the some areas. Changed some windows, door ways and room configurations etc. Blocked the tv in the livingroom for awhile when I first started building much to my husband's irritation. Had to move it onto the covered patio while I waited to get my garage back (long story) and now that I do, I can't wait to start working on it again! I love it though so I'll have to find the room to keep it even if something else has to go.

Someone will be really happy with yours, I can appreciate first hand how much work has gone into it thus far!

Best of luck!