New to Dollhouses

Howdy all , name is Bob and new to this stuff.. my wife is in the process of building a very large dollhouse we have had for well, actually don't know how many years, but it was in the basement since at least since 1994 , no idea of make or model but she has sucked me in taking on this adventure .. since there are no instructions or any information about the house its a scratch build seat of your pants kind of thing.. Seems to be a Country Farm house of sorts ...she has completed lots of the exterior she { or I } will post a few pics maybe someone out there knows who , what, the model is..I have searched and found nothing like it.. its not a laser cut kit or a tab slot thing..  she has made lots of the parts from popsicle sticks { flooring }  etc... any how we are in NJ .. glad to be aboard.. right now I'm a spectator well { supervisor } lol .. but of course its all her's   it is a fascinating hobby which I never realized was so intensive... she will be joining the forum later today.. learned a great deal already from everyone just reading .....

• Like 1

Hi bob 

I’m new to the doll house building process also. I have just bought a buttercup cottage from green leaf as my first ever project and have to say I’m surprised at how excited I am after searching Pinterest, instagram and this site

Becky

Wife is Carole, not sure what here name will be here shes been busy building ( designing etc ) I have to get some pics of the house up maybe someone can identify it..Its very big ( 1:12 ) around 48" long and about 38" tall and about 24" deep 3 floors reminds me of a two story country farm house  ( or a big two story ranch ) with a wrap around porch .. I'll get pics up asap...

This is a great house. I think the base house is a Brookshire by the Walmer company. I have a couple of these houses which I have been completely changing. If you click on my profile page and go to my "albums", you will see my bakery on the second page. Click on those photos and scroll down to see what it looked like originally.

(Also, if you go to my blog, on the right hand side just scroll down to "labels" and you will see Brookshire. If you click on that, my other Brookshire comes up.)

Welcome, Bob & Carole!

Happy to see another couple here. I am the one who posts here and does all the construction and painting/papering, My wife is a design/décor consultant and seamstress.

We have found the folks here to be extremely encouraging and helpful. 

Enjoy the journey!

Lee

• Like 1