Hello all

Becky132

Hello all my names Becky.

I am completely new to the doll house building process, but after seeing some of the beautiful pictures on here, Pinterest and instagram (currently obsessed over lavender belle miniatures!!). I thought I’d take the plunge and try out my own project. I bought the Buttercup #9306 by corona concepts. 

I am a bit of a crafty person with scrapbooking, crochet, and painting my main hobbies so hopefully they will come into use. 

if anyone has either finished or worked on the Buttercup or has any hints or tips for a little newbie like me I would love to hear from you all :)

• Like 1

Hi Becky, Welcome! I have a Buttercup in my stash but haven't started it yet. Scrapbooking paper makes good wallpaper. Embossing folders can be used to make designs for ceiling tiles using metallic paper or thinish disposable pie pans. You can use your crochet skills with embroidery floss- 1 strand or so and small hook. You'll probably think of many other things as time goes on! Enjoy!

Hi Becky! I've been in it for just a couple months and am so glad I took the plunge.  It's a good idea to research some basic tools and get them ahead of time.  I bought a little at a time.  They are not expensive.  And I am glad because when I really got into it, I didn't need to wait till I have time to go to the store or for an online order to be delivered.  I crochet and cross stitch too.  Wish I could paint.  Maybe we can exchange "goods" in the future.  A painting for a rug.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Thank you fur mama they’re great tips which I’m sure I will definitely use when I get started. I have seen the mini embroidery floss crochet blankets and rugs people have done on here it’s all so lovely and mini! Definitely makes a change from my chunky wool blankets I’ve been making for sure!! 

21 minutes ago, Medieval said:

Hi Becky! I've been in it for just a couple months and am so glad I took the plunge.  It's a good idea to research some basic tools and get them ahead of time.  I bought a little at a time.  They are not expensive.  And I am glad because when I really got into it, I didn't need to wait till I have time to go to the store or for an online order to be delivered.  I crochet and cross stitch too.  Wish I could paint.  Maybe we can exchange "goods" in the future.  A painting for a rug.  Good luck!

Thanks for the advice about the tools etc I’m itching to get started but I’m definitely gonna research tools and materials first as I don’t want to rush anything and regret it. Cross stitch sounds like a great skill to have when doing dolls house interiors I bet, I may have to get used to painting in 1:12 scale but once I am I will definitely be up for a swap :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Becky.  I built several Buttercups when I was working, for the children & grandchildren of coworkers.  I don't believe there's any interior trims for the door & windows; I made mine from posterboard.  I hinged the door and the doors of the little cupboard with strips of chamois I cut from a detail piece I bought at a NAPA store.

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa, it's quite acceptable to post your own separate introduction where you can discuss whatever newcomer topics you wish, rather than hijacking another's intro.  I would imagine if your machine has a small enough stitch setting it would be possible.  I embroider by hand and have simulated an applique quilt top with hand embroidery.  several of us stitch carpets and rugs in mini petit point.