Please help Identify this house

Newbtodollhouse

Howdy all .. here is the house my wife Carole is building, it was in our basement since 1994 came as a kit, no box no instructions.. We can't seem to find anything like it.. make , manufacturer , model etc.. neither  of us can remember where she bought it or actually when.. its not a slot etc.. most of the parts we had or she fabricated them ...it was unpainted and just a shell  here are a few pics   any help would be great  thanks... now just to get them to go on here.... files are to large seems I am limited to .48mb so 1/2 mb  the pics are 4mb  :(  any help in uploading the pics would be great too... unfort I can not get photos smaller then 2.5mb  as phone wants to go higher but not lower ( technology grrr )  .. thx

Bob

Edited by Newbtodollhouse

Once you have made 5 posts you'll be able to upload photos to a gallery. Sorry for the confusing error messages.

I want to say that looks like a Real Good Toys dollhouse but I don't know for sure. Somebody will be able to tell you! I'm going to move your thread into the General Mini Talk forum where more people will see it.

• Like 1

After looking more carefully, I think it's a Walmer. (RGT bought Walmer at some point.) The shutters and porch railings look like Walmer's Lilliput dollhouses.

It's similar to the Cherrydale: https://www.dollhouseminiatures.com/Dollhouses/cherryda.htm

If no one here knows, you could try emailing RGT and ask if they know the name. There's a contact email on their website (https://www.realgoodtoys.com).

• Like 1

So the porch trim - did that come with the house? it is definitely walmer porch trim. I'm not used to seeing a Walmer with the door off to the left like that tho. 

If the trim is original to the kit then Walmer.

If not - and the kit is something else - then I'd consider Earth and Tree too.

• Like 1

Thanks ... the shutters were made from scratch ( paint stir sticks) so don't count those , there was only 12 poles on the porch ( front 5 ) which are just 1/2"   square dowels from Home Depot cut to fit.. the windows are Houseworks #5000  working windows ...oddly the stairs inside are 14" long and impossible to find anything that long.. I looked at the Walmers and I don't think so...  and yes the porch trim came with the house  ( the gingerbread looking stuff )

Thanks ... the shutters were made from scratch ( paint stir sticks) so don't count those , there was only 3 poles on the porch (now 5 front 5 ) which are just 1/2"   square dowels from Home Depot cut to fit.. the windows are Houseworks #5000  working windows ...oddly the stairs inside are 14" long and impossible to find anything that long.. I looked at the Walmers and I don't think so...  all 10" ceilings ..here is a pick on the inside no walls up yet.. ( she was messing with making her tile kitchen floor - photo paper and a sharpie ) the wrap around porch came with the house as you see it.. she made the wood flooring on the porch ( popsicle sticks ) and of course it was all wood shell, then light blue then the finished blue and burgundy shutters / door  

rezizeed.jpg

Thanks all, but being set on the Walmer track I found the house !!   Yay  I believe this is the exact house The Walmer Heritage kit #404  unfortunately this is the only pic I could find   thank you all so much for the help... I will post update pics as the progress continues ....

Dollhouse-Kit-Vtg-WALMER-Heritage-Dollhouse-Kit-404.jpg

• Like 1

I like Walmer houses but their line can be very confusing. Lots of very similar (or the same) houses with different names. For example, what is the difference between #404 Heritage and #401 Oakcrest (see here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WALMER-OAKCREST-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-401-WITH-WRAP-AROUND-PORCH-410-COMPLETE/254379256622)? If you bought the house and porch together did your 401 become 404? But if purchased separately you had a 401 + porch? Then the Brookshire looks just like these houses except the Brookshire has windows on the sides (that seems to be the major defining feature between Walmer's Lilliput houses vs. their more expensive kits, plus the non-Lilliputs tend to have hinged back roofs).

I guess what Walmer houses lacked in variety they made up for in longevity. I've built thy other major brand's houses decades ago but the only one that didn't fall apart over time was the Walmer.

BTW, anyone know where I can get my hands on a Walmer Tiffany? :bigwink:

There are a few very similar models, my wife's came exactly as shown ( except no shutters and some other mods ).. but it did't have the add on side room.. the wrap around porch came as shown some others like it have the front door more centered and dormers on top roof. she made the decking for the porch popsicle sticks .. the shutters I think I mentioned were made from paint stir sticks and grooved .. shes working on the interior now I will post some updated pics in the gallery.. the house itself is about 40 yrs old.. she is going to put a sun porch on the left side and put in french doors going to the sun porch....

• 1 year later...

I also saw an old post on here that called a very similar looking house from Walmer “olde Towne”. Confusing! My house which I have had incomplete since I was a girl (30 years!) is also a Walmer so I’ve been poking around online looking for ideas. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2020 at 11:45 AM, Newbtodollhouse said:

Howdy all .. here is the house my wife Carole is building, it was in our basement since 1994 came as a kit, no box no instructions.. We can't seem to find anything like it.. make , manufacturer , model etc.. neither  of us can remember where she bought it or actually when.. its not a slot etc.. most of the parts we had or she fabricated them ...it was unpainted and just a shell  here are a few pics   any help would be great  thanks... now just to get them to go on here.... files are to large seems I am limited to .48mb so 1/2 mb  the pics are 4mb  :(  any help in uploading the pics would be great too... unfort I can not get photos smaller then 2.5mb  as phone wants to go higher but not lower ( technology grrr )  .. thx

Bob

This a Walmer Oakcrest dollhouse kit. I’ve lost the instructions and I am finishing it for my granddaughter. If you ever found them please let me know.