Act of kindness

TheGlassyFox

So my kids and I were at a goodwill drop off truck donating and my son who is 7 sees this beautiful slightly broken doll house and he asks her “how much for the doll house? I wanna but it for my sisters 13th birthday!” The lady replies “ oh honey how sweet to think of your sister you can have that doll house so we rearranged the car and got it home but I don’t know what scale it is to even start fixing it  and buying or making all the wonderful little things for it can some one help?  I tried to upload a photo but I can’t get the file size down enough 

Edited by TheGlassyFox
  • Like 2

Hi, Sharon, and welcome to the forum. What a sweet gesture on the part of your son. :) 

Loading photos here can be an issue. When you have made 5 posts you can open an album in the Gallery, which may be easier for you.

In the meantime, if you can measure the height of the ceilings and doors, we can figure out the scale. 

Welcome Sharon, this is what I did with pictures.. In Windows if earlier then Windows 10, use " Paint program it comes with every version of Windows... in Windows 10 right click on the picture then click on " edit " this will open the paint program ( not paint 3D ) then once the program is open you will see your pic, then up on the top tool bar you will see "resize" click that and then click the resolution button and you will see two squares with numbers just make the top box 500 it will resize the picture, then at the toolbar on the file part click save as ( save it whatever name you want and to a place you will find it ..and the pic will fit here.. if you took the pic with your phone just email it to yourself and open it on the computer and save it there before doing the paint program.. if you use Apple computers I can't help... but I read if you use an Iphone you can resize the picture right on the phone.. hope that helps.. lots of nice experienced people here to help with the house.. 

Welcome to the forum. You probably got a message that your photos were too big. Until you make 5 posts, you will get that message and it will restrict you to an impossibly small size. It's an awkward way of telling you that you don't have permission to upload photos yet. I'm going to try to change it but haven't had a chance to look into it. :(

Welcome to the forum. You probably got a message that your photos were too big. Until you make 5 posts, you will get that message and it will restrict you to an impossibly small size. It's an awkward way of telling you that you don't have permission to upload photos yet. I'm going to try to change it but haven't had a chance to look into it. :(

46 minutes ago, TheGlassyFox said:

All three of us are going to go on this journey together my daughter is 13 my son is 7 and I’m hitting 40 in February ( scream) 

Oh, calm down, Sharon!  I turned 78 last month.

2 hours ago, Medieval said:

.I thought you were my age!

Miniaturists are ageless. I'm not sure why we're even talking about this. :dunno:

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Happy birthday, Kathie, in case I forget tomorrow...

Thanks, Holly. There's every chance I'll forget too. <g>