New to Dollhouses

Hi! My love for dollhouses and all things miniature traces all the way back to my childhood. I recently had the pleasure of making an amazing thrift store find. I got my very first dollhouse for a reasonable price The house is unfinished and it needs some love, but I am super stoked to dive into this project! I would like to take the house apart to do some renovating. I hope to become active in this community to learn how I can make this the dollhouse of my dreams. I am open to all tips and suggestions you might have.

• Like 1

Welcome Trania! Glad you are here! When you make 4 more posts you can upload pictures of that wonderful find. Then I'm sure you will get plenty of help and good ideas. I know I have!  Until then unless you're good at really really shrinking pictures it's kind of difficult LOL!

Welcome to the little family, Trania.  I love to dismantle dollhouses that were built with hot glue and rebuild them the way they tell me they want to look.  It's also fun to start with a kit in the box.

6 hours ago, SmilinDreamer said:

Thank you, I can't wait to start building! I've been eyeing wallpaper and flooring options. I'm trying to find something that feels "homey". 

Lately I've been using my utility knife to split and cut iron-on wood veneer strips into "boards" and ironing them onto the kit floor:

parlor 2.JPG

• Like 1