Beacon Hill dollhouse , porch posts

Ashlee

Hello! I am working on my first house, I have the beacon Hill dollhouse kit , I am currently at the section of putting the porch posts together. For some reason I am having such a hard time ,I keep doing a dry fit, they just don't look right any advice would be great!! Also PLEASE do I prime the house ??? I am a bit confused 

Thank you!!!!

2 hours ago, Ashlee said:

I keep doing a dry fit, they just don't look right any advice would be great!! Also PLEASE do I prime the house ??? I am a bit confused 

Hi, Ashlee, and welcome to the forum. Regarding the porch posts, it may take some gentle sanding and filling with Spackle or caulk to get the appearance that makes you happy. Think of the kit as the bones of the house. It is up to you to flesh it out to your liking.

As for priming, Holly is correct. You don't want to prime if you plan to use stain. However, it's a good idea to prime everything else, especially walls and ceilings that will be papered or painted. There is a natural oil in wood that will, over time, leach into the wall/ceiling covering, causing brown spots. 

• 3 weeks later...