Beacon Hill assembly

missmiss76541

My Beacon Hill in process

I bought the kit back in 2008. I got the basic shell done at that time, but life put it to the side. This shell has moved from Texas to Missouri, back to Texas, to Virginia, back to Texas. I got a little done here and there. I finally got the box back out in the last month, I have the windows almost done, and some of the trim on. I know I'm sloppy, and I get in a hurry. I put some of the household stuff from the giant box in the rooms, not permanently, just to put something in it. I had a metal dollhouse when I was a child, which is now a collectors item, but I gave it to some random little girl. I gave her the plastic furniture with it, but everything else I kept. I've been finding and saving stuff all my life for this dollhouse, hence the giant box. I'm still undecided about the paint colors for it. Here's a couple of my favorite things, cat table & chairs, and table & chairs made from screen and springs.

I had a friend come over a couple weeks ago, and she helped me a little bit. She said I need some people to be living in there. I didn't keep the people I had before. So, mine is going to be this cat family. For now. I printed 2 out on card stock, one with mirror image, then glue them together. No cost. 

What's funny is...I live in San Antonio, in the "Beacon Hill" neighborhood. Every other place I've lived here, I used the Beacon Hill post office. Worst post office on the planet. However, even though I live in the Beacon Hill neighborhood, they are not my post office. 

20200122_175202[2].jpg

20200112_194201[1].jpg

20200112_194143[1].jpg

20200122_175356[1].jpg

• Like 1

I'll paint it. I want to get some of the inside done first. Yeah, it's had a rough life. But it fit perfectly up in that "Mom's attic" on a Uhaul. It's only lost the front porch step, which is not a problem to make it myself. The underneath of it I had to re-strengthen, just from moving it around, some of the slats came loose. I really need a turntable of some kind. 

The cat table I got from a shop in San Antonio, I think they closed, they still have stuff, but it's by appt only.