Hello everyone!

Jewliebeads

Hello everyone!

My name is Julie and I love working with my hands. 

I made my first and only dollhouse about 15 years ago and loved it. One day my boys and their friend was playing Marco Polo in the living room ignoring my warning about the dollhouse sitting in the far corner. Suddenly I hear a the sound of wood being crushed and then total silence. One of the boys put their foot through the front porch. I put my dollhouse away in another room and never worked on it anymore after that.

My boys are grown now and they still won't admit who's foot went through the porch. LOL. 

Last week I brought my dollhouse out of hiding and it's time I repair and make some changes. When I first bought my dollhouse kit we didn't have internet or a computer and I had to order one from a hobby shop an hour away. 

I guess things happen for a reason. I never really finished my dollhouse and now I want to make changes. I can't remember what kind of dollhouse it is but I do know it's 1/12 scale and has four rooms plus the attic. I plan on changing the porch railing and changing out all the windows. 

I'm also in love with all the different lazer cut wood trims I'm finding online. I will definitely have to add some of that. 

I used wood glue when I put it together so I will have to be careful removing windows and old shingles that I painstakingly made out of popsicle sticks. 

I would also like to add another room on one side or maybe a conservatory. 

This is my first post but when I can, I will post a picture of my dollhouse. I would love to know what it is. I haven't seen another kit like it for sale so it's probably not being made anymore. My searching skills are not very good. LOL.

Thank you all in advance for any help. I'm very excited to finally repair and finish my dollhouse. I can see I will be building another dollhouse in the future. I'm already looking at other kits for my next one. LOL

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome!

It's all good! Over the years I started lampworking and making jewelry. I feel like it's given me lots of practice for tiny details. 

I had to put away my lampworking supplies when the grandbabies came along for their safety. They are both in school now and this will also give me the opportunity to maybe melt glass again to. This time instead of making beads, I can try making glass pieces for my dollhouse. 

My granddaughter is 7 and grandson is almost 6.now They are both so excited about the dollhouse. This time I put my dollhouse in a safe area. LOL