Newbie trying The Rutherford (Artply) Model 112

Mackeah

I just picked up an Artply The Rutherford, Model 112, for $20, but I have never built a dollhouse.  It's a project for evenings when it's too cold and dark outside to do much else.  Any advice for this newbie is great advice!  So far the only thing I have found with this older kit is the directions are a mess, but someone else mentioned a site where a gent had pictures, so I downloaded those.  I also heard the shingles on this one were not the best, so when it comes to adding those, I'll definitely be asking.  Thanks for all your helpful advice that I know will be coming in future! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Mary.  I dry fit each and every house I build, both because I have trouble with written instructions and because I find that the house will talk to me whilst I'm dry fitting and tell me its story and how it wants to look.  I like the Greenleaf shingles, but I have also used heavy construction paper and sandpaper for shingles.  For "fishscale" shingles tongue blades cut in half are a nice size.

• 1 year later...