"Lily" Dollhouse Illustrated Instructions

kskrobarcek

My first house was the "Orchid". Really enjoyed building it and it turned out beautifully BUT ... I was able to download the "illustrated " instructions for it from a website. Now I'd like to build the "Lily" house and can't seem to find the illustrated instructions anywhere. Illustrated instructions are a big help and I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where to find them. Thanks. Kelly

Welcome Kelly! Have you tried moreminis.blogspot.com? Most all of the Greenleaf kits are there with step by step instructions/pics. Please go to the new member thread and tell us about yourself. When you hit 5 posts would love to see your Orchid pics. I have one in my stash that is waiting to become an antique shop. :wave:

• Like 1

Thanks. I took a look at moreminis.blogspot.com and although the pics are great and the hints would be helpful, An illustrated set of instructions would be alot more beneficial. I'm a very slow and mythical builder (by that, i mean I'm very picky and detailed about how it goes together) Trying to interpret their written descriptions is, well, like guess work. I'll keep looking.  

Kelly, what helps me is to take a roll or two of blue painters' tape and work through the instructions taping the parts together to see if I understand them; if the build looks anything like the picture when I'm through I go back and glue together the parts the instructions say to put together (I leave the windows and doors for last, until I begin to decorate).  This is what we call dry fitting.  I also shave or sand the slots and tabs for a more perfect fit as I dry fit the parts together.  I also use a lot of not very nice *magic* words.

And as do I. Some of the terminology such as dormer windows, gables, and valances with 4 pieces on 3 different sheets with no reference is frustrating.  Greenleaf houses seem to be pretty good quality as far as the way they fit (since I've only had experience with one). But the enjoyment I got out of it was far more than I expected. I'll find those illustrated instructions !!!  They are out there and someone knows where.

I don't do it any longer, but several people punch out the pieces and put them into labeled plastic baggies of like parts, like "dormers" and "stairs".  I also used to make masking tape labels and write the part name on the piece.  Now I lay the schematics sheet in the box lid and rummage through the stack of plywood sheets that I have previously stacked in numerical order; as I empty each plywood sheet of its pieces I move it to a separate pile.