Trouble with Fairfield

llankford

Hi all! New member and new model builder here. I bought my grown daughter the Fairfield after finding out she always wanted one. She got really frustrated just doing the foundation so I started working on it. I got the chimney assembly done (I think its right) and the staircase BUT when I went to put the walls up...the second floor (right side) tabs DO NOT FIT in the slots where they are supposed too. Ive turned it every which way it could possibly go. The left side second floor lines up but not the right side. Help!!!!

Hi Lisa!  I'm building the Fairfield as well and had the same issues with tabs and slots not lining up properly.  I had to extend some slots and do light sanding on a few tabs.  It's recommended that you build the main dollhouse structure first without glue (dry-fitting).  Use painters tape to hold the pieces together.  This allows you to see how everything fits (or doesn't).  It also helps with planning how and when you do the decorating of the tights spaces like the entry/tower areas and if you want to make any modifications to the design.

I've taken my house in and out of dry-fit multiple times.  Only my foundation and chimney are actually glued so far.  In the attached photo you can hopefully see what I did with the central wall piece.  Notice how long the horizontal slots are next to the doors.

20200127_153844.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...