Newbie from Lexington Kentucky(glencroft)

Jeri Hahn

Hi! 

Just got my house today and sanded my first three sheets. Wow! Never realized how much dust would occur! Can't wait to get started gluing. 

I am a 53 year old NICU nurse who works part time. My daughter is transgender and transitioned at age 11. She is now 21. My husband Marty is a heavy metal drummer (as a hobby) and keeps me laughing every day :)

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge! 

Jeri

Edited by Jeri Hahn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeri Hahn said:

I tried posting a picture. Apparently you have to resize your phone pictures to less than 500? 

No, what you have to do is make 5 posts, and then you can make albums in the Gallery.  Welcome to the little family, Jeri.  I don't usually sand the sheets until I've put a skim coat of spackle on them.

Sorry for the confusion about the error message. I tried to change the wording to be more clear but am not able to. It basically means that until you have 5 posts you're restricted from uploading an image of any size, but it says it in the most confusing way possible. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I am also new.  And from lex.  Well, I've lived there for 6 yrs.  Moved recently, still in KY.  My gf and I have " inherited"  my grandmothera 1980 duracraft sm700 kit, but the instructions are 1987 revision.  Just seeing what the community is all about before asking dumb questions, which I will reserve for once I am comfortable here, lol!

Hi Joe and Lattie.  I am still fairly new to the forum. I speak from experience that everyone is very welcoming, and extremely helpful.  There is a lot of "history" and answers to all our newbie questions in older posts.  Even so, people are very supportive in helping us to find the answers to our questions.  There isn't a dumb question, just an unasked one. lol.  Welcome!