I'm New!

TheresaW

Hello

As you can probably tell I'm new!

I'm Theresa from Hendersonville TN and I have a new project I am starting.  Taking apart and cleaning up a poorly constructed Tennyson dollhouse.  I have never made a doll house before and I am scared to death.  Any and all tips are helpful and appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  I am a cake artist and I love to make miniatures in fondant and put on cakes.  I love anything that is in miniature form.  below is an example of my fondant work.  Hopefully I can make it happen in a dollhouse too!

Thanks Ya'll

mini purse3.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Theresa.  Love your cake!  At first I thought it was a real handbag.  If your Tennyson was built with hot glue a blow dryer or a heat gun will make disassembly and scrape off a breeze, although the heat gun will probably destroy the clear acetate door & window inserts.  Any clear plastic from packaging can be used to replace them and there are basswood strips and boards and mini millwork available to make replacements.  Then you can use a good carpenter's wood glue like Titebond to rebuild it.

• Like 1