Beads that look like Christmas ornaments? - sources?

IndyCindy

I'm looking for beads that look like vintage Christmas ornaments - or miniature vintage looking Christmas ornaments. Most of the beads I find at my local craft stores are just too big. . .I want something that will work in 1:12 scale, but even a little smaller because these will be for a tabletop tree. I'm going for a European blown glass and/or mercury glass kind of look. 

Any links or sources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

Cynthia, there are metallic polymer clay colors and powders for coloring that would give that mercury glass look I remember from my grandparents' Christmas tree, if you wanted to try making your ornaments.

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

Those are gorgeous! 

I also love wedding cake beads for dollhouse ornaments - sometimes they are just the right size and have a nice blown glass vintage look. Millifiore beads too. Sorry for the giant pic - I am doing it via URL and it won;'t resize.

file_177_14_2400x.jpg?v=1516705387

http://www.beadeuphoria.net/page/453451

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020, 2:44:46, Elsbeth said:

I also love wedding cake beads for dollhouse ornaments - sometimes they are just the right size and have a nice blown glass vintage look. Millifiore beads too. Sorry for the giant pic - I am doing it via URL and it won;'t resize.

file_177_14_2400x.jpg?v=1516705387

http://www.beadeuphoria.net/page/453451

Ooooooo very pretty! And the large photo is perfect because it helps me appreciate all the detail! Nice! Thanks!

On 2/2/2020, 5:38:10, IndyCindy said:

I'm looking for beads that look like vintage Christmas ornaments - or miniature vintage looking Christmas ornaments....I'm going for a European blown glass and/or mercury glass kind of look. 

How about those Mardi Gras beads that you can get at dollar stores? They come in several colors and there are a ton of them on a string for really cheap. They definitely have the colored glaze over mercury glass kind of look. I have seen them in at least a couple of sizes, too.