Greenleaf Garfield Measurments

HanB

Hi guys

I looked everywhere online for dimensions for the "footprint" of the Garfield, but all I can find is the schematic instructions which have no measurements on them at all. There are conflicting dimensions on different websites for the overall size of the house as well. If I could get the dimensions for the base of the house I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Hannah, did you check in the Greenleaf store here, as it shows the dimensions? I just measured mine which is not easy due to the porch and my landscaping.  You will have to look at pictures so you know which measurements I took. I hope this helps: left side of the house (looking from the front it's left side), is 37 inches to the porch and add 2 1/2" for the front steps. The front measures 29 inches. The right side is in an "L" shape, left side is 14 inches and the right side is 17 inches. The back is 17 inches. I hope these are close enough to help you out.

On 2/15/2020, 10:33:03, Inge said:

Thank you, Inge!  This helps me to have an overall better idea of how large the house will be. Yes, I noticed the measurements on the product page, but I assumed that it was not the footprint size, rather I assumed that the product dimensions were including other parts of the house like the back kitchen bay window that sticks out past the base and the roof that might be sticking out some too. I am specifically interested in the dimensions of the base/foundation. Also, i've seen the product size vary slightly on other websites where this dollhouse house is sold.

I'm reading your wording carefully, so please help me to clarify... According to your numbers, the left side (37") doesn't match up with the L shaped right side (14" + 17"= 31"). Does the front porch area make up for the additional missing 6 inches? Attached is an image where I tried to create a visual to better explain myself. 

Thank you again for your help!

On 2/15/2020, 10:33:03, Inge said:

measurements.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hannah, I'm sooooo sorry! I kept checking back to see if you had replied but didn't see anything.  I could not get back on the site because they were having so many problems so didn't get your message until today.  Unfortunately I was in a hurry and it was late when I took the measurements for you so didn't check to see if they added up. You are right, you have to add the 6 inches for the porch to the 14 on right side. You are missing the left side of the L which is 11 inches.  Sorry, don't have the time to check my calculations but they are close.   I have the house sitting on a piece of plywood that is 47 x 42 which gives me space of 10" on the left from the house, 4" from the front porch, 3" from house on the right, 14 1/2" from the right side of L shape and 5" from the back.  I cut off the the right side of the L (3 rooms, 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor) and just glued a couple spots in order to build the house. When everything was done I took the two sections to the room I would display it in and then glued it back on and then put the roof and shingles on.  It is HUGE HUGE HUGE.  Please let me know whether you built it or not.

• 1 month later...

Hi Inga, Good Morning. May I ask where you cut the house to glue it back together. I have pondered this for quite a long time. But was not game to cut mine. I do think if we could cut it instead of gluing it, we could use a hook and eye. The small ones used for cupboards. To put it back together, so that it could but separated if we have to sell it or to move else where. If Dean could come up with a plan I think he would sell a lot more of them. I went to build it in my spare room and had doubts that I would be able to get it out through the doorway so that I could display it, I am not the only one who has had this problem. I had thought of separating it near the side door on the veranda and along the kitchen wall. I would really like your opinion on this matter?

Inge, Thank you for your help! And my apologies for the late reply as well. The site was down for a while and I couldn't reply to your message. Yes, the Garfield is HUGE! I've wanted this particular dollhouse since my childhood. So thanks again!

Gosh..we should have exchanged emails. Lol. So did you buy the house?. I forgot to mention, if you go on my Garfield album you will see how I built it in two sections. Your hinge idea would probably work.