My First Club Day

SillyRabbit

Today I went along to my local miniaturist’s monthly club day! Such fun, I’m hooked! The organisers had a room box kit available for purchase to work through with help close by, additional features will be taught at future club days - next month is a sash window tutorial. I just had to share my progress (ok and excitement!) with you all :banana: 

My plan is to create a record store complete with bins of LPs, a listening post/record player/headphones, posters etc 

A big thank you and shout out to the lovely folk of Garden City Miniaturists in Christchurch, NZ :wave:

Apologies for the upside down photos, I’ll figure that out :doh:

EFF9DEDD-03F0-4D96-8245-A846CAA054A4.jpeg

74873040-2D1F-485C-A119-B03BA54F0B3E.jpeg

F49B4875-765E-4754-BED6-D449196F5EA7.jpeg

BE8F47A1-CF5D-4179-B2D8-133CA3988FF1.jpeg

D8144637-F396-4CAE-B662-897BD55DCD76.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Maree, my Chrome Book's pictures program has a rotation feature so I can turn pictures right side up.  Do share photos of your progress in an album in the Gallery!

Thanks! The photos uploaded the right way but posted the wrong way, time for plan b :cry:

I LOVE the idea of LP covers! You can make a collection that would be worth a fortune and the envy of any real life collector. Tour posters on the walls? Autographed artist photos? I can hardly wait to see more.

• Like 1

Fantastic Maree!!  Great progress!  We have a great club over the Shore in Auckland but it's just too far away.  I used to go but it was a chore getting there.  I should really look at the closer ones but to be honest happy working on my own atm! :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Maree, my Chrome Book's pictures program has a rotation feature so I can turn pictures right side up.  Do share photos of your progress in an album in the Gallery!

Thanks! The photos uploaded the right way but posted the wrong way... I’ll try 

Thank you all for your replies and support! I’m thinking of adding a facade to the front of the roof so I can add a large sign as well a hanging sign that protrudes from the front of the shop or above the door. I’m very keen to try my hand at making LPs, a record player, headphones, wall racks, record bins, posters of bands/artists/tours (perhaps some of these would dress the front window and be a little sun faded). The counter will be a simple bar type structure that has bits and bobs scattered on it such as freebie stickers, postcards, guitar picks etc. My partner Joe and I visited Ameoba Records in San Francisco last year where there is an amazing colourful vinyl record ‘mobile’ for want of a better word, hanging from the ceiling. Maybe my little store will sport one of these too hehe