Southern Christmas Show

Every year in our city, they have what is known as the Southern Christmas Show. This is our 39th annual show, which features over 500 vendors and crafts people. Many people come and have booths, and they sell anything from crafts, florals, to Christmas items. The theme this year is "The World of Christmas". You can find more information at: http://www.southernshows.com/scs/index.php

Also in this show each year there is something known as the Enchanted Village. This is a room full of dollhouses, roomboxes, and various minis made by local persons. It is not only a show, but a contest as well. I took pictures as I walked along, including the Show and the Village.

So, think Jimmy and I entered? Guess you'll have to look at the pix to see, since I'm not saying, LOL!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=531

WOW!! ... an overdose of eye candy! Congratulations on your ribbon!

Three things struck me as I flipped through the photos:

1. Your area must be a hotbed of mini-enthusiasts ... so many entries!
  2. The beach house next to your Arthur is just too cute. Love the up-on-piers style.
  3. The creator of the last one -- "Revenge" -- deserves a special award!
Thanks for sharing!

Love all the wonderful photos!

wow how much fun did you all have attending this and winning also!

did I see a photo of a Mill-house?

how wonderful to live in an area that puts together so many wonderful things in one place!

nutti :thumb: :w00t:

Thanks everyone! This was our very first competition, and we were very thrilled to have won second place!

did I see a photo of a Mill-house?

how wonderful to live in an area that puts together so many wonderful things in one place!

nutti :thumb: :w00t:

Yes, you did Nutti. That one belongs to Debbie Love, and this is the second or third time she has entered it. Second I think. It's made into a shop, and it took first place in her category. Jimmy and I are talking about entering our mill house and/or the lighthouse next year, but we're not sure if we want to do that. Those houses are mostly mimicking Rik Pierce, whereas when we make a Greenleaf house, we're doing it mostly ourselves so it's more us.

Me, too!

Peggi, get a load of the hunters' room!

Ah yes! The "Bear's Hunting Lodge", made by the owner of our local dollhouse store. Note the "man" rug instead of the "bear" rug, LOL!

Me, too!

Peggi, get a load of the hunters' room!

ROFLMBO

I posted a comment about how someone stole our ideas discussed here. But it is just to cute. I would not have thought of the "man rug".

Congratulations Linda and Jimmy and your win. Thanks for posting all the eye candy. I hope to get to look longer when I can catch up on some of the postings.

Three things struck me as I flipped through the photos:

[*]Your area must be a hotbed of mini-enthusiasts ... so many entries!

The entries into this show were from all of North and South Carolina, which is a pretty big area. I can't remember if there were any from other states, but I will check when I go back, which will probably be Thursday.

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed the pix!

Congratulations Linda and Jimmy! Now I can start claiming "Award Winning Design" when promoting the Arthur! I'm just joking, it had nothing to do with the house and everything to do with the magic you Cullen's put into all your miniature projects!

I can't wait to see what you do next year!

Dean

Congratulations Linda and Jimmy! Now I can start claiming "Award Winning Design" when promoting the Arthur! I'm just joking, it had nothing to do with the house and everything to do with the magic you Cullen's put into all your miniature projects!

I can't wait to see what you do next year!

Dean

You and me and the rest of the "family" as well Dean I believe.

I think this house is such a charming one and I can really really understand why it won its ribbon!

Hmm, now weren't there some talking about a shrinker-thing-a-ma-jig somehwere as I want to go visit this "little" masterpiece and really get the atmoshpere form within so to speak :drool:

Hugs