How do you know when it's time to let one go?

shamrockgirl18

I am thinking about selling my Snow White cottage. It was a great find, and I had some fun with it, but I honestly don't remember the last time I worked on it, or the last time I felt excited about it.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=5861

When do you know when it's time to let a house go?

• Like 1

Well, I know others who have gone one direction with a house, not liked it or kept it for some reason, and then re-do the house in a whole new way.  .  .I'd hate to get rid of it and then come up with a new idea for it.  .  .right now I don't have any other ideas for it b/c it's always been Snow White's house, but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.  .  .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shamrockgirl18 said:

Well, I know others who have gone one direction with a house, not liked it or kept it for some reason, and then re-do the house in a whole new way.  .  .I'd hate to get rid of it and then come up with a new idea for it.  .  .right now I don't have any other ideas for it b/c it's always been Snow White's house, but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.  .  .

As you said, some people re-do houses. You could try doing it up as a stone cottage. Another current thread talks about that method here. Be sure to watch the video in that thread. She is decorating the exact same house as yours. That might inspire you.

In my experience, it's more difficult to re-do a house that's already built. You could try selling yours on Ebay with all the contents. It's cute and unique done up as Snow White's cottage. You could use the proceeds to get something that does excite you. I'm terrible at guessing what anything would sell for, but I think it reasonable to expect that you'd get enough to buy a new Greenleaf kit and start afresh.

• Like 1