Woot for magnets!

shutterbugkc

Hubby recently bought 20 tiny magnets off of ebay the other day and I snatched a couple of them. :D I'd been having a problem with the front door on my Arthur. I must have sanded it too much because it liked to swing open all the time. I had been trying to think of decent-looking ways to keep that door shut including a door latch and floor wedges. Then somebody here said something about magnets a few weeks ago. And then DH said something about bidding on some on ebay to use on his Warhammer minis. I believe he was wanting to make some of the "weapons" interchangable on the little tanks. Silly man! :lol:

So when they finaly arrived, I grabbed two of them and said "thank you" and proceded to fix my door. Now, when I close the door it makes a satisfying "thwang" noise and stays SHUT!

I drilled a shallow hole in the door for one side:

post-66-1123862254_thumb.jpg

and a shallow hole in the door jamb just big enough for the magnets.

post-66-1123862271_thumb.jpg

Yeah! A shut door!

post-66-1123862284_thumb.jpg

What a pretty door! :lol:

I believe it was Glen who suggested the magnets because I was having trouble keeping the door closed on my Beacon Hill. Great idea! :D