Need to Vent

Peggi

This is probably not the place to vent or to talk of my problems, honestly, I usually try very hard to be cheerful and look on the bright side of things. But this year, especially the last 4 months are beginning to really beginning to get me down. A very brief history

1. In August, twin sister had two major surgeries--removed a cyst the size of a volley ball from her ovaries and found pancreatic cancer.

2. Two or three days before her surgery was done, #1DB had accident with chainsaw and tree and broke both legs in over 15 places.

3. As a precaution, due to twin's problems, went for complete physical and endured numerous test--including a bone scan, chest and abdominal CTs, bone denisity test, etc.

4. Before my tests were all in, DH went for check up because of a hip/leg pain, PSA showed it had doubled and ended up having surgery for prostate cancer-5 weeks ago

5. While DH was undergoing surgery, SIL was in hospital having tests run on her bladder. Diagnosed with bladder cancer and had surgery to remove--complications of a blood clot formed

6. Last night same SIL was admitted back in hospital for chest pains. Have ruled out clot getting by screen, but now checking for heart problems.

These are the biggies, this doesn't include a scare with great nephew might having Hodgkins (it wasn't thank god) or DGD almost having to have PT cause she is 18 months old and not walking. (She finally decided to 3 days before PT was to start) or the 100's of other little worries that everyone has. This also doesn't count my upmost digusting disappointed that I failed in my attempt to quit smoking. I went 2 months, but gave in to temptation the day before DH surgery. I'm hoping to get back on track, but so far can't seem to get my mind back in the right frame.

I'm normally a very strong person, but I've about called on all my inner reserves.

Thanks for listening and I will try not to whine anymore. Guess I just need to find a quiet place by myself and cry--probably will clean my soul and restore my cheerful disposition.

Moderators, if this is to depressing feel free to delete--felt good just getting it in writing and out of my system.

{{{{{{{HUGZZZZ}}}}}}}

I am here with you!

it has been a very hard year but like every year this too shall pass!

do not get mad at your self for smoking agin...be proud of yourself that you were smoke free for 2 months

the next time you stop it will be longer! as for everything that is going on healthwise...maybe yall have had it this yr so next yr wont be so bad.

I know sometimes it looks like its never going to end...but it does. it can only get better.

take care of yourself so that you can take care of everything else also!

nutti :wave:

I've about called on all my inner reserves...find a quiet place by myself and cry--probably will clean my soul

In all this mess you haven't had ANY time for Peggi, you've been there & "ON" for everyone & everything else. As soon as it's OK with Riley's doctor, sneak off to Cartersville and spend the day at the Cowboy Art Museum, have a picnic lunch at the Etowh Mounds, stop in Smyrna and rent bikes and ride the Silver Comet Trail; get outdoors and away from phones and family and enjoy each other and the beautiful state you live in! And here's a {hug} for Riley and another {{HUG}} for Peggi.

Peggi, a good cry may help and don't worry about whining or venting to us. That is what we are here for. My prayers and kind thoughts are with you and your family. Please take care of yourself as well. Take some time to release your negative energy so you will feel better.

Take care,

Carrie

Moderators, if this is to depressing feel free to delete--felt good just getting it in writing and out of my system.

Peggi, first I want you to know that this area (Chit Chat) is here just for this purpose. I am sending you

Big Hugs

;) :wave:

I am so sorry you are experianceing all of these pressures and please know you are not alone! I am thinking of you a lot. Sometimes it is good to get these things out and stop holding it all in.

Oh Peggi, a good venting is certainly needed after all that has happened, as is a good cry. It sorts of lets out all the pressure that has built up within one when trying the darndest being strong!

A big hug to you and I certainly hope that the years to come are less stressfilled!

:wave:

Peggi,

If you feel the need to go to a corner, take a pillow and scream into it. I have found that this is more effective than crying, beside, it doesn't make the eyes red or stop up the nose. Just remember that God won't put any more on you than you can handle. When you get enough, just tell Him, "No more". Before I met my DH, I reached the point of screaming and saying "no more, please". It helped me get through the rest. Maybe it will work for you too. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending a big HUG your way.

Peggi so sorry to hear you are under alot of stress.....I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.....I do understand what you are going through.....I took everyone advice.....go to the thread that is listed stress and read....it helped me alot.....I'm still having alot of personal problems....but its something ones has to deal with.....but just pray and God is carrying you through all this.....its good to vent.....I don't have anyone to vent to anymore.....sending you and your family mini hugs......and take some time out for yourself.....

Oh you are all so sweet, thanks just knowing I have your support will help me. I really am sorry to have let this all out. But thanks for your thoughts and prayers and especially all the hug and good vibrations coming my way.

There is a line in a John Lennon song-:Life is what happens when you are making other plans."

We go through the ups and downs of life and roll with the punches.If we are very lucky we are not alone-family,friends,communities such as this one help us through the good and the bad.I am wishing you sunny days ahead!

Peggi honey, you vent all you want!! We are all here for you!!! And after everything you have been through, you deserve to vent, scream, cry or anything else you want to...don't worry about picking up smoking again..if you did it once, you CAN do it again. It's difficult to keep a sunny disposition when things just seem to keep on going wrong, but remember...it's only for now....tomarrow will be better. So I too am sending hugs your way and I will keep you and your family in my prayers....

Peggi, I'm so sorry to hear all you have been through. Please do take Holly's advice to take some time for yourself. It really does help clear both your head and your heart. And meanwhile, I'll echo the others in repeating that we're all here for you, just as you have been here for some of us.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Peggi -

Hugs from me too. I'm so sorry that you've had such a heavy load to carry for such a long time. Right here is a community of friends and we care about each other. I'll say prayers for you and your family tonight.

Ellen - hugs for you too. You're not alone - all you have to do is log on here and you're not on your own anymore.

-Susanne

<staggering in under the weight of a huge box> <sitting the box down on the floor beside Peggi> Okay, let's see what we've got in here for relaxing. Here's some vanilla candles, a box of herbal tea, a cherry cheesecake, some fuzzy slippers and a teddy bear. That's the "soothing" kit. <digging down deeper> Here's a fifth of Jack Daniels, two shot glasses, a box of moonpies and an ashtray. That's the "more direct southern" kit. <bending down into the box> And here we have a bunch of old china and a cinder block for smashing the plates against. That's the "I am woman, hear me scream" kit. <turning the box upside down because it's empty> But most of all, here's some loving arms to go around you, a strong shoulder to lean on, and a box of kleenex. That's the "You're my friend and I love you" kit. Use any or all of the above as often as needed. :wave:

Deb

You all are so wonderful. Ellen, I hope you to can find some time for yourself. I'm lucky I do have family, that cares very much, but as you can see, they're the ones I'm so worried about. So normally I do have someone I can scream to, and I'm very fortunate to have good friends at work--they've really helped to keep me sane this long.

So we are here for you to--even me--it helped to vent and to have support from all my forum friends and they will encourage and help you.

Deb, I'm saving the Jack for really hard times. LOL (Actually, I like it so much that I may not stop) :wave: ;)

This is definitely the place to vent. Had one of those moments not too long ago. There is much support here. I'm sorry you live so far away, I'd say come over and play here for a while. Sometimes an afternoon away helps. I'm sorry to hear your burden is so heavy. I am amazed by your strength.

This also doesn't count my upmost digusting disappointed that I failed in my attempt to quit smoking. I went 2 months, but gave in to temptation the day before DH surgery. I'm hoping to get back on track, but so far can't seem to get my mind back in the right frame.

Don't worry about that too much Peggi. When you're ready to quit again, you will do it. It may take a while, especially considering all the stress that continues to go on. If I were you, I would not even consider it until after the holidays.

How about a lil suggestion? How about you and hubby take a weekend off and go somewhere by yourselves for some nice relaxing time. Don't stay at home--go somewhere else--even if you only go to the next state and check into a hotel room for the weekend. A change of scenery is sometimes the best medicine in the world!

<digging down deeper> Here's a fifth of Jack Daniels, two shot glasses, a box of moonpies and an ashtray. That's the "more direct southern" kit. Deb

I'll send mine of that to you too!

Hi, i just wanted to say sorry to hear about your bad year, i guess the only thing we can do is try to look for a postive and it is great to vent, this will help you get it out on some feedback from your mini-friends,

it will get better, just try to breathe and maybe find a helpful distraction

take care and godbless you are in my prayers. :wave:

Peggi,

I'm so sorry to hear about all you've been through and sometimes it does feel a bit overwhelming. I'm sending a virtual hug and hope that things get better for you soon. In the meantime, Deb's response sure made me smile and I hope it did the same for you.

Re: smoking, when things get better you can start over again.

Hugs,

Kat