12/06/06 Bone Rings?

Minis On The Edge

Yeap, that's right Bone rings :D if you could have a ring made from bone from your significant other, would you want one? :) It's not as bad as it sounds because it not actual bone from someones body....Don't make any sense huh? Read THIS article.

Oh, well, until the ethicists start yelling & screaming at each other. It's a wonderful technology to treat deformities of bone growth, but it's a tad maudlin for my tastes. Back in Victorian times ladies made their sweethearts jewelry from their own hair, so I suppose this is a 21st century version.

Back in Victorian times ladies made their sweethearts jewelry from their own hair, so I suppose this is a 21st century version.

Holly, I actually thought about that when I read this article too. Science is wonderful but this have the "Frankenstein" thing about it to me.

Nope. Neither would I wear a vial of his blood around my neck like Billy Bob Thornton and what's her name,Angelina. bergie

I remember reading they did that back when they were together :)

Okay I will be the minority. I wouldnt want an actual WHOLE ring made out of dh`s bone but what about a small stone in a nice setting.

Okay, yeah it sounds gross to some but it would be a lil more tasteful than a whole ring around the boney..

:cloud9: I guess it would be a way to have a "Part of Him" no matter where he goes :idea: Heidi, You go girl! I love a person not afraid to be different, though I must say I would not want my hubby's bones around me all day long :giggle:

I like the idea of Hubby's picture and I must say when I take a nap during the day (Not often unfortunately) I sleep on his side of the bed cause I like to smell his pillow :p which may sound weird to some. I also like to sniff Rachel's pillow when she is at school when I am making her bed for her sometimes. She smells like flowers :)

Ok I know you will think me weird but I think I would do it ,but not in a ring maybe have it done in a pin like a cameo pin. I love my husband dearly and will soon lose him to cancer and this would be my keepsake. No different than most people that keep their loveones ashes.

Glenna, I am so sorry to hear about the ordeal you & hubby are going through! MAny Hugs of strength to you and your Dear husband!!

No different than most people that keep their loveones ashes.

You know, my Aunt keeps my Grandmothers ashes in the laundry room. I was told that She keeps it there because my Grandmother loved the smell of freshly washed cloths.

Ok I know you will think me weird but I think I would do it ,but not in a ring maybe have it done in a pin like a cameo pin. I love my husband dearly and will soon lose him to cancer and this would be my keepsake. No different than most people that keep their loveones ashes.

Glenna, sorry to hear about your husband.

No ring for me.

Glinna I am so sorry to hear about your husband battling cancer.

My sister lost her husband this past spring from Melanoma at the age of 36. It was an extremely hard time but I am so proud of how she has coped. She has found a stength that she never knew exsisted. She is doing a wonderful job of learning to be independent and raising her 2 children.

I will keep you in my prayers.