16 shopping days till Christmas.....

heidiiiii

Are you done shopping? Almost done shopping? Not nearly done shopping? Or OMG! I havent shopped at all?

I have gotten the major bulk of the shopping done yesterday.. Dh and I went to the outlets not too far from where I live.

I have to get a few more things on their lists...Plus I have to give the girls some money and drop them off at the Mall so they can get a gift for us and each other.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shopping is done. The last of the gifts I ordered came yesterday, so they have to be wrapped and mailed. That's only about 10 items. Then a couple things we bought for each other, so maybe no more than 15 items altogether...

Most of our "shopping" is done through charitable giving -- all of our friends are like us -- old, childless, have everything we need, more than we want -- so I send small token gifts (see above) -- this year chocolate bars from SERRV, and send notes saying "we donated $$ to SERRV and Habitat in Humanity in your name(s)" to everyone...

Cards went out yesterday.

All that's left is a bit of tidying up of the house, and some cookie baking.. :banana:

I have only one gift left to buy ( father in law) but I have 4 to make, all to wrap, 2 angel costums to make, decorate the house/tree this weendend to the christams production on Tues. All this and I am trying to take my time on the Tennyson and DH is comming home tonight.

I'm done buying, but need to make one gift for dh. He's home today and we are hosting a Christmas party tomorrow, so it will have to be next week. Then just need to wrap it and his other big gift.

I'm almost done. Gotta get Clay's (boss) and a few more things for Zack. Then I am done.

But, do you want to hear my funny? Well, you're gonna hear it anyway, LOL! I ordered something for Jimmy for Christmas and they shipped it in its original box to the house in Maiden, not Charlotte. The person that delivered it took pains to put it on the porch where it wouldn't be too visible, then turned it around to where only the bottom of the box showed so that no one could see what it was that was just driving by, and then even took one of the towels off a chair on the front porch and threw it over the box to further hide the box. Now, that was some service!

Believe me, in Charlotte, they never would have bothered worrying about the safety of the package ...

I've finished DH's mom's gift & it's up to him to get it framed...

I'll start baking for the kids next week, and DS#3 will let us know what he specifically want$/ need$ at the last minute. I told DS#1 & his wife they're getting the box of baby goodies, although she won't be able to wear any of them until at & after her due date (DDIL's in the hospital on a TOCO monitor three months early!); I still have ribbons to thread in the pink layette. I told DH I want a drawplate for Christmas.

Ok, Ok. You guys have managed to make me feel like a total sloth-off!!! Not a single gift yet and I was going to do some shopping today but with a -3 wind chill, I decided to stay nice and snug in my house :shifty: Maybe I'll do it tomorrow? Also have to get a housewarming gift for son & dtr in law and another for my sister who's in a new place, too. Wow. On top of the Christmas stuff I'll never get it all done....hmmm...internet shopping here I come :insane:

Ack!! I thought I was doing good till you said how many days are left!! <whacking Heidi with a roll of wallpaper> <giggling> Okay, so I really did need that reminder and should be thanking you instead. <handing you the wallpaper> Here. You can whack me back.

Actually, I'm pretty much done now that I think about it. I have the in-laws all shopped for and all but two are wrapped. I'll ship them out on Monday. I'm direct shipping gifts to my remaining family in Arizona so that's easy to do. (Isn't it great that Amazon gift wraps!!) I have Bruce's gifts ordered and they're on the way. I got him a table saw and a scroll saw this year. <grinning> Wanna bet I'll find some uses for them too? Especially the scroll saw. <drooling> It's nice when we can share things like that with our husbands, isn't it. <cackle> You know that old joke about a woman divorcing her husband for getting her a powertool for her birthday because it was something he wanted? hehehehhehehehehehee Methinks that we're all a breed apart from that female stereotype!!

I'm building an Orchid for one of my friends and I'll have it done next week. (I'm doing it in deep, rich jewel tones and it's coming out reeeally pretty) I think all of Bruce's friends will get a bottle of wine this year since they tend to be hard to shop for. Usually I make fudge for Christmas, but after making 35 pounds of it last year, I think I'm going to take this year off.

Now to get the holiday decorations up. I'm making progress. I hauled out the boxes with the lemax/dept 56 village stuff this afternoon. I usually leave that up most of the winter anyway. It takes days to set it up, so it doesn't make sense to only have it up for a couple of weeks. I love looking at it all thru the winter anyway. I'll get the tree up this weekend.

Deb

I am sooooo not done :shifty:

I've got my husband, mother & father covered, and the neices & nephew - but still have to shop for my sons & sister & brother in law. Just seems like I have no motivation to get it done this year which is odd for me - I'm normally done by Thanksgiving & get to spend my time leisurely wrapping (I like wrapping more than shopping).

I'll be spending tomorrow & next Saturday finishing up my shopping. Sure wish it was done already - I hate going out & fighting the crowds!

I have to take both girls out to shop but Chelsea has a bug. 102 fever.

This weather we are getting up here is making everyone sick...Cold as a witches you know what one day...Warm like early spring the next...

Oh yeah!.....*ThWAck* There ya go Deb..Did it hurt? I hope not. But this will hurt..15 more daysssssssss

Hey...Guess what?

14 shopping days..........

I still have to take the girls. Chelsea still isnt up to snuff to go out in the cold and then into the stores. Maybe tomorrow!

The Tree is up and decorated

the snowmen are out and looking totally fab with 3 more added this yr

I finally got them painted....like Deb I like to leave my collection of snowmen out all winter to enjoy!

the Christmas cards are ready to go out with 2 packages on monday

the presents are bought and wrapped

with just 2 more to get. The house dont look to bad and all of my candy is made but for the truffles and pumpkin bread...I will make bread to day.

I am in really good shape this year.

last yr was such a bummer...I felt so bad I didnt even get out the snowmen...and thats saying something!

the songbooks are found and our bag of santa and elf hats await Christmas eve.

our 21st annversery is on the 21st and hopefully we will not be Christmas shopping on our annual date.

all in all if Christmas came tomorrow we would almost be ready for it.

Happy Holidays

nutti :ohyeah: :groucho:

My house is decorated but that's all I really have done :blink: . I only have a few things bought for the kids, tomorrow is DH's payday and I'm praying that his christmas bonus is with it. Then I still have to make cookies and take christmas pictures of the kids for the cards and send them out. It just seems this year I'm really out of it. :ohyeah: :groucho:

I havent even attempted to try to shop yet!! I've been so busy trying to get the Orchid, Lafayette and Ashley ready for their new owners in time for Christmas so it appears that everyone else is going to suffer lol.

I need to hurry up cause the bulk of my gifts have to be shipped. AaaaaaahhH!!!

But, got the house decorations up inside and out on Thanksgiving weeked so that's good at least!!! :groucho:

11 days left.....

Okay, is anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment? Has anyone else screamed into a pillow?

I OFFICIALLY said I am done shopping....okay I am waiting for "Little Miss Sunshine" to be released for purchase (if you havent seen this movie you HAVE to...Alan Arkin is hilarious!)

I am also on the hunt for a "I am not my hair" t-shirt for Natalie. But I am officially done. I got roped into volunteering my baking abilities for a bake sale at school. I made 100 buckeyes yesterday..(choco. covered peanut butter bon bons). I have started the cardboard dh for chelsea. She is going to decorate it. I have to REMEMBER to make dental and dr appt for the girls. I am listening to radio station for Christmas song of the day to try and win $1000 instantly. Ummmm. The house is a mess.. My friend is coming over on Saturday and I havent wrapped her present yet! I have the candy for gingerbread house..must make more royal icing so girls can decorate...

And I have completely forgotten the most important thing.....In less than a month..I will be 29.99999999 ( I will keep adding 9`s until infinity!)

Okay the christmas pagent went well dispite the fact that both my sewing machines broke while try to make the angel costumes. I had to sew them with my serger only which is something I have never done before. I am trying to get the christmas cards out this week and make the contents of the gift baskets. I want to start wrapping the presents but not sure if I should. I can't put them out untill christmas eve anyway. Then of coiurse I have the Tennyson which I wanted to get mostly finnished before DH got home on fri.