12/8/06 Favorite Winter Snack

Minis On The Edge

warm fresh homemade brownies with peanut butter frosting :shifty: That and eggnog. I think I gain five pounds every December just from eggnog & go through withdrawals in January when I can't buy it anymore :insane:

rum balls!! yum! lol

Another vote for rum balls! And cocoa, with a touch of Baileys! Maybe both...together??? :shifty:

(There's so much family and travel during the holidays..... :insane: )

egg nog...tho i have been good this year and have only purchased 1 quart ;)

rum balls sound yummy :insane:

hmmm so many naughty snacks that i love this time of year.....but COOKING? :shifty: I try not to :p

egg nogg lattee from starbucks

That's my cat's favorite drink. When Napoleon and I first moved in with Bruce, Napoleon was traumatized by the move and since he's mostly feral and doesn't take to humans easily, he was pretty stressed about this person I'd brought into our little world. Then one day Bruce brought home an egg nog latte and set it down on the table while he took off his coat. He heard a slurping noise behind him and Napoleon was up to his ears in the cup, sucking that stuff down like there was no tomorrow. Ever since then, Napoleon follows Bruce around like a puppy dog, cries when he leaves for work and runs to the door to meet him when he hears the garage door go up.

Deb

I hurt myself laughing at Deb's story of how Bruce got into Napoleon's good graces!

Both DH & I have always gotten the craving for ice cream when the weather turns nippy. Now that we're not supposed to eat it it's homemade baking (doesn't seem to matter what!).

Okay I am diabetic and I know I am going to hear screams but this is my "christmas time" treat. A box of Malomars. I share! I am not a pig about them. But here in N.E. they only sell them at Christmas time now. All of my local stores dont carry them any other time.

I also have a big bar of ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate and a bag of marshmallows. Going to make homemade hot chocolate!

Peggi & Peachie I am with you. Chocolate Covered Cherries for me. Only the ones with the clear center no white center. UGH.

I also really enjoy a cup of homemade hot chocolate.

Oh and my moms homemade chocolate fudge.

Do you see a pattern here? Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!!!!

Do you see a pattern here? Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!!!!

My words exactly, and it doesn't have to be winter. :busted: I will take any chocolate treat all year round :congrats:

eggnog with breakfast cereal (instead of milk)

eggnog with pumpkin pie

eggnog with shortbread cookies

and sometimes ...

eggnog in coffee is tasty.

there is thanksgiving, and then there is Eggnog Season.

• 2 weeks later...