A Finished Garfield

uppitycats

If you go to my gallery and click on the "A Finished Garfield" album, you'll see..

well, you'll see my Garfield, on it's really lovely new turntable!, which rotates a full 360 degrees in either direction, and really shows off my work....for good or bad.

And some interior shots of the furnishings, so far. And the residents.

And I'm going to try to attach shots of my little village (thanks, Greenleaf, and Dean!) here:

Congrats on completing your Garfield! Your house is one of my favorites! Like i said, when i get to mine, i will use some of your ideas, such as getting rid of the wall in the bedroom and losing some of the back roof panels.

excellant job!

Great job on the village as well!

Well of course I said "finished". And it's not FINISHED-finished :o I'm working on the front steps. And trying to figure out how to install a skylight in the bathroom where the ceiling roof slopes down, leaving a large space. And a door to the tower on the third floor (I've not done much of anything with the room or the tower, yet..on the inside.

And furnishings...I'm holding off for my foray into dollhouse miniature shows in March, to go on a buying frenzy there :thumb:

And my husband has a few bits of copper roofing to finish up, including the top of the tower. And the foundation -- the lattice work is painted, but I have to cut it off a bit, and then install it...in conjuction with the stairs.

And I was reading Dollhouse Miniatures this afternoon and there's an article there about making stones...seems like a patio there in the back off the kitchen, and then of course the greenhouse....

I've figured out that, much like a real house, one is never really FINISHED with this craft. Just "finished for now", when the purse empties for a bit! :D

Looks great, love the turntable :D . You did a wonderful job. :o

I've figured out that, much like a real house, one is never really FINISHED with this craft. Just "finished for now", when the purse empties for a bit! :wub:

I figured that out along time ago :yes: . Let's see :hmm: I got my garfield in the late '80s, it's going to be 2007 soon :D . . . . . :hide: I don't want to think about what still needs done on mine. :thumb:

Finished----Are they ever really finished? :)

By the way, did you buy or make your turntable? It really looks nice. AND so convenient!

Valerie

*I* didn't make my turntable...my dear husband did! And it really IS nice. Looks like a piece of furniture. It's made to fit over an old table, with slides on the table and between the sheets of plywood that make up the turntable, so everything slides smoothly, and I can move the table back against the window when I don't intend to move the house, or pull it forward for display. Really worked out well. I've had to wait ...impatiently...quite awhile for the turntable to be built, but now that it's done, it definitely was worth the wait! :)