Westville roof

fov

Dumb question - is the Westville's roof a 45-degree slope?

I want to put a dormer window looking into the bedroom. The roof looks like 45 degrees to me but I have no way to measure it (and I'm not good with numbers!)

If only I had a protractor! :blink:

Geoff claims he has some kind of "digital angle finder" (that's what he called it, and with all the weird tools he has, I believe him!) but he hasn't been up to the hangar this week to pick it up. I'm pretty sure it's a 45 degree angle, though... I mean, it just looks like one. (Famous last words...)

The dormer I'm thinking of adding is this one. My mom and dad saw the house this weekend and pointed out that once the roof is on, you won't really be able to see the closet very well. They came up with the idea of adding a dormer to the wall/ceiling so you could see into the room better.

EDIT: Duh... I could just fold a square piece of paper in half and see if the angle matches the angle of the roof.

A nice transparent plastic protractor costs under $1 at your basic Walgreen's-type store. That's why I have one -- I needed a ruler when I built the Arthur in North Carolina and that was the cheapest and smallest way to get one.