New Years Eve

nuttiwebgal

this yr we will watch the NYC party coverage looking for "YO MO" which will be my son and my mother

bringing in the New Years at the best place...Times Square. coming from Mo...we dont travel much(NEVER) and this will be both of their big City first...like my son stopped and blew his nose at Lovely Lady Liberty and when he turned to ask my mum something she was GONE(1000sof people everywhere) and he freaked. :yikes: ...ROFLMBO!

he called me to call her because THEY didnt exchange numbers and she had hers OFF

3 hours later she calls me from the Staton Island Ferry...they got it together now... :) :lol: :)

can we say bumpkins??

tomorrow they ride the subway...aparently kid was gonna be big spender on Taxi and mom said he should spend his money better elsewhere SHE gonna take the subway.....WTG mum!

another first!

I wanna be with them!(pout)

but alas I will be home....again....supervising kids having a party....again....3 more years and maybe Ill get to go out!

today was spent shopping for party supplies...we have big 10ft banner for livingroom wall and this wild looking Champange glasses mobile. horns, hats,noisemakers, confetti and noisemakers with confetti in them for MEEEEEEEE :banana:

each kid bringing something we are making cheese dip and cheeseball and we got BAGS of chips.

so we are good to go :)

last count was 14 or 16 ....15---17 yr olds

activities include....poker,twister,dancing,puzzle,video games,movies.mini-bonfire(habatchi grill in the driveway)and fireworks at midnight.

for those of you spending a quiet time ALONE ....welll :nana: :groan::frusty:

we got 4 adults for supervision...2 drinking 2 not. so I think itll be good.

nutti :wave:

Sounds like a ball of fun, Nutti!! :)

I'm not sure what we're doing yet . . . either going to a party with friends, or dinner with them and games at their place . . . I hope it's the latter!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Oh Lynette I am so jealous of you son and mom! I love NYC.. It is so much fun to walk around and see the sights. But it is also fun after you have seen the sights to really LOOK at the city. Eating, shopping, walking down side streets. We have ventured in every single part of NYC so far..except Ground Zero. That will be our next visit. Oh I hope the got to walk 5th Avenue. I walked in front of Tiffany and I instantly thought of Audrey Hepburn!

We are all invited to my former neighbors new apartment for Sunday dinner. Then we will be home at night. I have to go buy some goodies and some champagne. Maybe play a board game.

I have to take the tree down today... :laughbounce:

We are having our Christmas with my folks and my brothers New Years Eve day... Then that night if I can stay awake, I will sit and watch it on tv. I have to be at work next morning @ 7am. So no big plans.

I would love to visit New York some day, looks like so much to see and do. I really want to see Grease on Broadway when that starts.

Well...New York drops a ball at midnight. Around here a lot of towns drop something different at midnight. Everything from a 150 lb. bologna, to a dill pickel, to a goat!! I think we'll just ring in the new year in front of the tv. I wonder if we'll stay awake until midnight!!!

We are having a few friends over for a casual party. I started the tradition many years ago since I hate going out and spending too much money for not much around here. And it is too cold usually for the outdoor things.

Nutti, what a great year to be in NYC. It has been so warm. Our bodies have been in shock the past few days as the cold weather is finally making it here, but it still will be warmer than it usually is on New Year's Eve. I hope they (and you) have a great time.

Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope everyone gets what they want and need this new year!!

I hope every has a safe and happy new year celebration.

I usually go to bed by 10 pm, so i never celebrate. I'm just kinda boring. This year, I have to get up at 4 am to go to work, so i'll be in be by 8 pm :laughbounce: Definately no celebrating!

Oh Nutti, can I come? It sounds like so much fun.

We don't go anywhere and at midnight I hide on the main floor because of the brick walls. They are nutso with shooting off guns around here. I am a huge gun nut and I don't shoot any of mine off. People don't realize that the bullet that goes up, must come down!!!

Well, it's a tradition for me to get sick for New Year's (every year before the past 5 years) so I bet I will be unconscious...although so far, so good *knock on wood*

Its time to start a new tradition :laughbounce: Maybe you will break the chain this year, I hope so.

Well, it's a tradition for me to get sick for New Year's (every year before the past 5 years) so I bet I will be unconscious...although so far, so good *knock on wood*

I'm with Peggi, that's one New Year's tradition you could skip this year.

Well I would certainly be a happy camper if I could break the chain, I hate being sick! Although Eric and I are homebodies anyway...maybe we'll go out for a nice dinner and then come home and cuddle? That would be cool with me!

Jimmy and I decided to be with just each other this year. Usually we have a party--or I should say overnight guests because we don't allow people to drink and drive, so either you spend the night or you have a designated driver--but this year it will just be us. He'll have his wild turkey, and I'll have my bottle of champagne.

Around here a lot of towns drop something different at midnight. Everything from a 150 lb. bologna, to a dill pickel, to a goat!!

Huh? Did I miss something? Why would they drop those things? And from where do they drop them?

Jimmy's done that several times too. Usually ends up with a bronchitus/asthma/strep throat thing.

I havent taken the christmas tree down today because the girls gave me their cold!!!!!

Sore throat, sneezing, the whole she-bang!

I am getting ready to make some french onion soup...for myself..by myself..(whimper whimper..guilt guilt)

So I guess the New Years curse has kissed me.

awwwwwww poor Heidi :huh: I wish I lived nearer so I could volunteer Eric to make you soup to help you feel better (We don't trust Jen in the kitchen :laughbounce: ) and he makes a darn good french onion soup......Hope you get some good rest and that your family comes through with the TLC so you feel better soon.

If our friend's idea doesn't pan out I could very easily toast in the new year with a drop or two of Wild Turkey and the new recipe I made for my birthday dinner (shrimp in puff pastry with a saffron sauce, it was rather tasty).

Sure hope you're feeling better for the New Year. No one should start out the year feeling rotten (of course, self inflicted is a different story). :lol: :whistle:

When you feel up to it, would you share your French Onion Soup recipe? It sounds interesting. I think I've eaten it before but can't be sure and would like to try it again.

Happy New Year everyone.

. Everything from a 150 lb. bologna, to a dill pickel, to a goat!!

I've never dropped a goat before. It sounds intriguing.

I get to kiss my husband at midnight this year! That might sound like a simple thing, but I've worked New Year's eve for a lot of years and didn't get the chance to kiss him at midnight, so I'm looking forward to that.

Deb

Our neighbors are going to Atlantic City for New Years and we are keeping an eye on their house, part of keeping an eye on things means we get use of their sauna and hot tub. So we are planning on being in the hot tub at midnight and watching the fireworks display that some other neighbors put on every year. I hope it doesn't rain.