New Years Eve

nuttiwebgal

We've done the same thing for the last ten or so years. The kids, DH, and I have a major silly string fight! (usually 3 or 4 cans each!) We also get those little confetti popper things that are in a little plastic champagne bottle and you pull the string. My living room is TRASHED afterwards but we have a blast!! I'll try to remember to take a few pics.

:whistle: I lead such a boring life...I have had a bottle of Asti in the fridge for the last 3 years...it was bought for New Years Eve 2004...I pulled it out...looked at it, then decided Nah....why waste a perfectly good bottle on one glass?? So it went back into the fridge...same thing happened the next year....This year, I don't even think I will even pull it out of the fridge since by Midnight, I will probably be snoring loudly and maybe drooling a little...lol... god I feel old!!!

Thanks everyone.

Still sick. Natalie took the tree down for me! (she deserves a goodie). She even packed all of the ornaments nicely.

Soup came out yummy. When I am better I will post the recipe. We have a bottle of Asti in the fridge waiting for tonite.

Some might not approve but we always let the girls have a glass of champagne on New Years. I was brought up in a Italian household, always got to have a nip of wine on the holidays.

We played that Trivial Pursuit game last night. Dh won (girls were mad). Probably going to play it again tonite!

Have a Happy New Year all!

i hope everybody is feeling better soon and that jen dodges the annual ailment!

Nutti, the NYC trip sounds like a lot of fun, and wow, you are one very brave !! woman to have all those kids at one time in one place! smart, too. :(

just got back from a 10 day visit with friends in Nebraska -- yes, if you plan really well, you can go somewhere snowy and frigid for the holidays -- and am enjoying warm NC weather, tuckered out. played in the snow with a toddler who now makes excellent Snow Angels. :( Had a great visit, saw grouse, pheasants, and two coyotes dancing as they chased a mouse.

No excitement here, hopefully -- in my 'hood the locals celebrate with guns and fireworks, so i am consoling the cats and telling them that things will be quiet again after tonight. Most of the time it is so quiet that when the deer roam around at night, it wakens the racoons and they scold.

hereabouts the Big Deal in Raleigh, NC, is the dropping of a big brass-looking acorn. it happens early-ish and is part of a kids-included celebration, which is great.

hey, steve, PLEASE tell us that nobody is dropping a live goat ?!?

Some might not approve but we always let the girls have a glass of champagne on New Years. I was brought up in a Italian household, always got to have a nip of wine on the holidays.

Heidi I was brought up the same way! every year my nona would give me a glass of wine at the dinner table for whatever holiday we were celebrating. always made me feel "grown up" :( i loved it.

Happy new years eve everyone!!! :(

our group of GFs with kids(12 kids in all) have always allowed those 13 and older a New years drink in a champange glass

to toast.....but this yr is different...all the usual kids(girls) who know me and my rules are bring guest(boys)

and although I will be enjoying my jelloshots there will be other parents not....not giving alchol to other peeps kids. so all of it will be in the family room where we adults will hang out.

getting ready now...just got back from the last minute stuff and getting ready to make cheeseball,cheese dip and crab dip.

its been raining off and on since yesterday so noo out door activities till midnight fireworks.

because the rain brought our temps DOWN ...from the high 50's to the 30's

and its not dark yet. its miserable...here

in NYC it is pretty nice Im told :(

mom and kid are already camped out in "their"spot. have now joined a group from Tiwain(?) and nebraska

horns and hats have been purchased. they have full view of the ball from where they are. :(:(

I wanna GOOOOOOOO :):(

getting ready to party like its 1999!!!

nutti

and yes I do take a few turns around the dinning room with my husband during the night.

the strobing blacklights are up and fog machine is filled. stereo still needs to come downstairs.

!HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We are going to spend a nice Quiet evening watching the Ball drop on TV.! I did get the boys the "hard stuff" Sparkling Red grape juice !! (non-Alcoholic) LOL ! what they dont know wont hurt them!! LOL !!

I will be tasting with Diet Dr. Pepper & Hubby will probably have a shot of Jack !

Happy NEW Year.!!

Hugs

Kelly

Happy New Year everybody.

Ray works on New Year's Day - starts at 5:30 A.M., so we won't be staying up too late tonight. I'm going over to my mum and dad's tomorrow for lunch. I've been home sick for nearly two weeks ... still pretty weak and not much of an appetite. I've lost 15 pounds over the holidays.

-Susanne

Happy New Year!

Any hangovers?

I spent the night in bed watching the AbFab marathon. Still have the cold. DH cleaned the kitchen for me...Yeah!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy night!

You know Heidi....I'm not actually sure if I'm hungover or not...I don't get the *traditional* symptoms like the headache and pukies and stuff.....what I am feeling (and usually do when I've had too much) is that I am really cold (I suspect this is because my blood is being diverted to my liver) and my nose will NOT stop running...I'm not getting sick and I took my allergy meds, and this happens just about everytime I have a drink. Can any of our medical staff explain this or am I just weird? :ohyeah: