12/30/06 Miniature New Years Resolutions?

Minis On The Edge

1) organize my tools and supplies

2) organize workspace

3) complete unfinished dollhouses

4) organize basement so we can set up tools (that means unpacking boxes from our move almost 2 years ago)

5) put together my porcelain miniature doll kits

6) organize stash of dollhouse kits.

7) organize and repack my mini furniture and assorted goodies (dishes, food, other accessories).

My mini resolution is to put the siding on the house shell I bought for myself this summer. I ordered the siding from HBS and went to start putting it on this weekend and got intimidated about cutting the siding at all the funny angles I'm gonna have to cut it (it's the 3/8" mdf clapboard siding) to get the house covered nicely. :)

My other mini resolution is to get all my supplies organized & a spot in the bedroom cleared to house the dollhouse.

Mine is to get our Garfield back upstairs this week and finish it sometime this year. LOL

Then maybe start on the Haunted House that won't be haunted LOL.

yes Suzy I really want to see more progress pics of your Garfield!! get your butt moving!! :)

OMG Tracy! Dont do that! ROFLMBO

I thought I either dreamt it or had a Nyquil induced psychosis about this thread. I was like"I know I posted something...Where did it go? "

I was about to go back to bed..hahahaha

That is okay...I felt like you do when you are wrapping presents and you lose the tape..

I cleaned off the diningroom table and moved the White Orchid into place. I am feeling a lil bit better today (This cold stinks..avoid it like the plague if you can).

And the girls are back to school!!!!! WooHoo! So I am going to get dressed and run off to the store. When I get back I think I am going to start working on getting the rest of the house body together.

Rachel is gone back to school today too though I would not be shocked to get a call from her today because she tends to "over do it". We did tell the teacher that she can not have recess & Gym until the doctor see her Friday Next week.

I just decided to build a 1/4th scale Arthur :) I think my next resolution should be NOT to start new projects before I finish the others that I have started. :(

I did not make any resolutions

but I like

My dh resolution is to only use money I make to buy ( or trade) for more minis

this I would love more than anything. with just a bit more talent I could do it.

I also would like to be a bit more organised in the workroom

finish 1 project SOON!

and build build build....hahahahahahaha

I live to build and build to live.

should be my new Motto! but I gotta make some room to put them.

so a dollhouse display area is very high on the honey Do list for DH

I wanted a new workshop...but...it will be a display area coz I have this thing about working late at night and being terrified of the dark...and if I am working outback than I would have to come in before DH leaves for work. 10:pm but I dont find my groove till about 2am

so a display area is the better solution!

Happy New Years and Mini Happy returns!

nutti :):(

this I would love more than anything. with just a bit more talent I could do it.

Who are you kidding?? :( You are one talented Lady!! :) I would LOVe to see more of your lovely cabinets on ebay :w00t:

No Resolutions for me this year. Last years still aren't done except for the stop smoking thing. I did that.

Holly, I'm so proud of you, I am trying again also, but it is not a resolution just something I know I got to do.

Hurray for you.

Mini resolutions for this year are:

1. Go to at least one mini show and take a class

2. Finish my Buttercup

3. Try kit bashing

4. Build a western shop for Inlaws

5. Learn/attempt and have one house with lights

6. Build, build, build......... :o

I have regular size resolutions but they are carryovers from last year that are still in the process

My goals are similar to many others on this list:

1. I will finish one unfinished mini project per month. This goal, although worthwile and atainable, will still leave me with a stack of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) at year's end. I am halfway done with UFO #1.

2. I will not buy any more patterns or kits until I finish the requisite 12 UFOs. Keeping this resolution is not as likely as number one, but I throw it in just for laughs.

3. I will finish my bungalow dollhouse.

4. I will take at least one class and learn a new technique.

5. I will pay cash or the equivalent for all mini purchases and not charge anything. Another toughie, but I really will try to give this one a go.

My resolutions are:

1. to build one of the 3 dh that I have waiting. :o

2. to learn how to wire them

3. to take at least one class! Have to find a place near me though! :(

You and I have similar goals for 2007!! I really believe that lighting makes the dollhouses come alive. Both of my 1:12 dollhouses are wired, but my dad did one and my DH the other one. I want Ray (DH) to teach me how to do it myself. I don't really think it's that difficult. I've been studying Darrel's blog that he made for us. It is very well done.

I took one Workshop last Fall (my first class that I sat in). The other two classes I took were online tutorials here at Greenleaf. I found the workshop through our local miniature enthusiasts group here in our city. Do you have any miniature groups near you?

-Susanne

Dollhouses just don't look right to me with out lighting. IMHO My dad is an industrial electrician, that's who I am going to have teach me how to wire. All the specialty stores are an hour or longer from me. I am in the unfortunate position to not be able to travel to them. As far as I know, here in my little 'village' we don't have any miniature groups.

My good lord! Holly! That is so majorly cool! Hurrah for you.

Holly, I'm so proud of you, I am trying again also, but it is not a resolution just something I know I got to do.

Hurray for you.

Thank you. Peggi I know you can do it. It hasn't been that long so I feel like I'm still struggling with not smoking. I did make it harder for myself to light up. If I want to smoke I have to go outside and across the yard. And no smoking anywhere else. After a few days of a freezing tempratures and then a muddy dog it wasn't worth the effort.

My mini resolutions are to (a) finish the houses I already have. I have several built and "decorated"so that they look ok, but are not finished and (:welcome: learn to make my own plants. This will be a challenge! LOL