WWWAAAAAAWWWAAAAAWWWAAAAAA

nuttiwebgal

Oh Nutti, I hope yours goes away quicker than mine. I thought I was being smart and went to the Dr. a week ago when it first started and got a shot, some antibiotics, and some antihistamine and I still feel like crap. It doesn't seem to have gotten any better, but I did make it to work today.

Hey Nutti, pass some kleenex over this way. I very seldom get sick but I got it now, The last time I was sick was 3 years ago and I had pnemonia, this feels the same way. Chest burns when I breathe, and the pain in my head when I cough feels like my eyes are going to fall out. I tried to do some mini's today and just couldn't, I sat at my bench and just couldn't concentrate, so I went and ate some ice cream, for medical reasons ya know, bad throat. I need some sleep but can't breathe when I lay down, going to try sleeping in the recliner.

oh, you poor baby! that sounds horrid.

hope you are taking lots of liquids and Medicine Drink (ginger ale) and liquids and cough drops and soups and push those liquids, please!

my mom used to make Special Rice for me, not particularly healthful, but a great comfort food: white rice, a little butter or margarine, a sprinkle of white sugar, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and some colored sprinkles.

e-hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery. :giggle:

white rice, a little butter or margarine, a sprinkle of white sugar, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and some colored sprinkles.

oooo that sounds yummy...havent eaten that in years.

we used to eat it for dinner sometimes. with raisins as a special treat. :yes:

:o

Teri I hope neither of us is down long!

====passes a puff==== extra soft.

:lol:

I need some sleep but can't breathe when I lay down, going to try sleeping in the recliner.

You might also invest in a croup kettle to load the air with humidity to help open your airways and relieve the chest tightness. The climate in Jacksonville was such that with my allergies I managed to have pneumonia three times in three years and no insurance, so my doctor made me a very strict regimen to follow at home and now I go to the doctor at the very first tinge of color change in secretions.

I am still floored by where this "bug" came from. When I was a school nurse it was easy-peasy to pick them up from the loving little ones, but now we're retired we just don't get around that many infectious rugrats.

I hope everyone takes it easy and take heed.

On the news last night they said that this isnt a bout of the flu but a bout of pnemonia! They had a Dr on from our local hospital on telling people to watch for signs that this cough could turn into that.

-Productive cough that lasts weeks.

-Goldish in color w or w/o blood streaks

-fever

-sweat or chills

I am all better basically now. Just a lil tiny cough left over. But everyone rest.

Holly..I do not work and I go out but not enough to catch something. I hardly ever get really sick even when the kids bring it home (when you are the dishwasher, your hands are always clean!)

So it must have been strong enough to break the Dawn Dishwashing barrier!

I may have dodged the 2 week bullet...

the cough is less frequent and the headache is more a knocking than a pounding.

and I could breath through my nose most of the night

I feel much better. having cranberry juice and progresso chicken and noodle soup tonight.

spent the morning with grandbaby so that always makes ya feel good!

everyone else get well!

SOON!

nutti :roflmao:

Nya, Kathie; cough on you! (Of course, I haven't been contagious since Tuesday...) I still have no stamina/ staying power, but down to one nap/ day & MUCH reduced coughing, still don't want to eat anything.

I HATE this because I have kits I want to build! I have to save up, next week we're taking bike & kayaks for a week while DH works in a 5K run; the pretext is a 50-year church reunion in Gulf Breeze.

The cough is better, but my eyes are killing me. I think it is all the antihistamines have dried them out. Nose stuffiness seems a tad better, so hopefully if I get to sleep late tonight maybe I'll feel like finishing my White Orchid this weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's good to hear that everyone seems to be on the mend, I hope it continues.

Feeling a little better, the eye pain has let up some, but the cough and congestion is getting worse, and my ears are thumping. Slept in the recliner last night and will again tonight so I can breathe. Spent alot of time in the hot tub today, the steam opened my chest and head and the hot water just felt so darn good, I didn't want to get out. I felt like I could tackle the world until I got out, then I needed a nap. I'm running out of antibiotics so I may have to break down and go see the Dr. That man just loves to give shots!

The only good thing about being sick is I'm not smoking very much, it hurts to bad.

Take it ez...

Your nearing the finishline...can you see it?

The cough is the last thing. You will be feeling better in the body but your bladder will be screaming for mercy. Think another week of the coughing fits and then it will just be a lil cough and then it is all over!

I had a touch of allergic conjunctivitis in my OS (oops, that's left eye for y'all non-medical folks) and when the zithromax kicked in I had some serous (not serious) drainage in the corner that crusts over and has irritated the lower lid a bit, otherwise just a niggle of a cough (except every once in a while). I'm still wondering where this thing came from!

Well I broke down and went to the doctors this morning. It's official, I have pneumonia. I suspected it. He gave me some stronger antibiotics, and a few shots. I don't know what they were but I felt great about an hour later. But they seemed to have worn off, cause I feel pretty crappy again.

He told me to come back if I don't feel better in a week. We go through this about every 3 years, so I know what to expect. For some reason I don't pick up the seasonal bugs often but when I do they go strait to pneumonia.

Hopefully this will be the last night in the recliner. The cat is giving me dirty looks, she usually sleeps there.

Last night I went upstairs to the bathroom and looked in the bedroom, the cat was sleeping on my pillow all nice and comfy. At least one of us slept well.

Okay this is a gross question but I have to ask.

Did anyone else suffer from any intestinal problems BEFORE the cold set it? I did and now my friend is sick. I worry about her. She is in her mid-60s and will push herself beyond the limits of herself.

The first night I was sick, I was sick to my stomach. I thought "oh no! do I have food poisoning?" and that sick stomach lasted for 2-3 days..

any intestinal problems BEFORE the cold set it?

Not really, but yesterday was my second without a nap and we went down to the St Mark's wildlife refuge and went on a short hike, then down to the lighthouse & hiked another 1.5 miles and on the way back to the car I had the worst cramps! Also the queasies the whole time I was sick, probably all that yucky PND.