A Brimble Gallery and Blog

uppitycats

OK, I've never done this blog thing before, and don't even for sure know where it's showing up..or IF it's showing up..

but I started a blog about my rehabbing of Brindle's Bar and Grill. And put some pictures in the gallery. I'll try to keep it up as I progress, and as Brimble tells me what he wants done, next.

We finishing the foundation, Brimble and I, and stripped all the wallpaper today. He says he really needs a thorough sanding, as he feels rough all over, and lots of areas that need some massaging with putty and maybe a bit of glue. And he showed me his skull where there's one seam that needs heavy duty glueing. So that's tomorrow's job.

And then we have to discuss the exterior. He wanted white, with brown trim. But we have to talk about the windows..kind of an unusual configuration, those windows, and I think I want to leave at least part of them white. We'll have to negotiate that, I think.

Anyway. My hands are sore from being wet all day -- wet sponge dipped in water and TSP, applied to wall, set there until paper was thoroughly soaked..then scraped away. Still more glue left than I'd like...but I didn't have fabric softener, the vinegar didn't seem to do much...so this is what I settled on.

Wow! You and Senor Brimble have made some great progress! Now that the wallpaper is gone, I can believe how eager he was to reclaim his masculinity. What strong bones in this building. :flowers:

I love it! I laughed all the way thru the blog and I'm so impressed with your restoration so far.

It's tres cool that Brimble is a chatty fellow. When a house has a strong opinion and excellent communication skills, you know it's going to be a real show-stopper. Methinks that you and Brimble are going to be the perfect match.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to be rid of that wallpaper. It's definitely not the masculine type he needs. Wainscotting will be perfect!

Deb

Oh I just love your plans for the Brimbles. I especially loved you blog so far. I felt like this house was really talking to you. :) Will be waiting and watching.