Newbie from KC, MO area

SandDee

Hello everyone, Sandy here from the KC, MO area. Although the Orchid isn't my first dollhouse (it's my second) it was years ago when I built my first one. I'm so excited about working on a dollhouse again, hopefully, I'll do better on this one than I did the first one. I don't even remember who the first one was made by, I do remember it was three stories tall and much more than I should have ever tackled as a first house. However, it did instill in me a love for miniatures, which took me on a road to several miniature shows, which I'd love to find shows here in MO.

I sincerely hope there are more people in the KC area interested in miniatures, I would love to hear from you and all the local places for miniatures.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning the tricks of this hobby. Well, this has been a little lengthy, so I'll stop for now and wish you all many happy hours of working on and enjoying your minis.

Sincerely,

Sandy in MO

;) to the forum, Sandy, and join in the fun. The Orchid was our last "Team Build" and we had two teams of members build & blog it. There is also a plastic version called the White Orchid that several members are building.

If you post a picture of your other dh someone may recognize it & tell you which one it is. My first two were three-story Dura-Craft kits, the San Franciscan, for DGD, & the Cambridge for me. Since then I have been building Greenleaf & Corona Concepts kits and I've learned so much more about building & making minis I will probably go back one day & redo a lot of things on the Cambridge.

Hi Sandy, I'm new too! And I also live in the KC area. I'm sure there are others with more knowledge of where to go for minis in this area, but there is a shop in Overland Park at 95th and Mission. I have not been there in a long time, but they used to have a decent selection of components and accessories. (For all I know, the owner of that shop is on this forum, LOL!) Good luck with your Orchid.

Hi Sandy, I'm new too! And I also live in the KC area. I'm sure there are others with more knowledge of where to go for minis in this area, but there is a shop in Overland Park at 95th and Mission. I have not been there in a long time, but they used to have a decent selection of components and accessories. (For all I know, the owner of that shop is on this forum, LOL!) Good luck with your Orchid.

Well, well, well ... welcome to both of you! The KC Contingent is growing ;)

I'm an hour and a half drive east, in Marshall, MO. Mary (marsiedotes) is the other side of KC, in Kansas. We met last September at the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts (NAME) conference in KC.

The shop you're thinking of is Mini Temptations. Laura Way took over from the previous owner a year or so ago. She has a nice selection of items and an active workshop program.

Where are the two of you?

<scratching head and wondering how we can get a girls day out organized --- lunch and the afternoon at the Toy and Miniature Museum>

welcome, all! :)

i'm new, too. these forums to are a treasurehouse of generous people, great information, and fun.

once you have made 5 posts then you can open a gallery, and post some photos, which we crave.

so please, tell us lots, lots more, and again, WELCOME!

!WELCOME!

Im in Mo also....but I live down south of you close to Joplin.

I was born and raised in your area though.

:):):wave:

<scratching head and wondering how we can get a girls day out organized --- lunch and the afternoon at the Toy and Miniature Museum>

oohhhh you soo better include me in on this!

I was just talking to my Aunt last night and she is wanting me to come for a weekend visit

and can we go to the miniature shop also?

Im so glad you found our forum and I hope you will jump right in and make yourself at home

nutti :w00t:

:wave:

oohhhh you soo better include me in on this!

I was just talking to my Aunt last night and she is wanting me to come for a weekend visit

and can we go to the miniature shop also?

Lynette! Didn't mean to leave you out! And of course we can hit Mini Temptations!

If y'all want to do this, we need to pick a date. A Saturday would work best for me as we have but one vehicle, and on school days it has to make its appointed rounds.

well kathy Im not free till after the last of feb due to our friends are coming from florida for a 10 day visit!

and than we have to have the cooperation of the weather.

nutti :)

Okay ... maybe toward the end of March? The weather ought to be behaving by then.