Emerson Row

heidiiiii

Here is my first problem.

How in the heck do you get the first floor in?

The lil slots under the front door opening wont allow me to slide the 1st floor in as the instructions stated. Did you have to make the openings bigger?

I dont want to break anything.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, call off the dogs!

I figured it out. I hammered the life out of her until that piece had to give up and just fit! And it is a nice tight fit I may say..No sunlight coming thru those seams.

I did have to carve some of the wood away from the slots to get them to fit.

I just added some more pics to my blog.

I am taking a lunch break and then I am going to glue those pieces into place.

She was a nasty nasty Emerson..She did not want to be put together!

hey heidi! how funny the 1st floor went in pretty easy for me. actually i kind of predicted there was going to be a problem putting it in so i put the 1st floor in first before the base. I put the front of the house face down and had it hanging over my work bench. Then i slowly slide the 1st floor into the groves under the front door and Wa La! presto!

I started my blog too yesterday and updated my gallery. not much work done yet for me. Just the 1st floor and base wall in, and the hall walls :)

great work so far heidi!

stupid me! just went to look at my blog and it wasnt there! forgot to publish my entry for my emerson row yesterday! i was pretty drugged up though on day quil LOL!!!

two of my favorite dollhouse builders working on the same house! excellent!

this should make for some wonderful eyecandy!

Happy Building

nutti :w00t: :(

nutti you made me blush! :wave: you know im one of your biggest fans! i LOVE your work!! ;) any thoughts of an emerson row someday? :D

well my emerson row is going to be a victorian san francisco style bed and breakfast! The entire exterior will be sidepaneled and i think its going to be whie! dont know why... we'll see i jsut see it as an off whitish color. im still trying to think of a cool name for the hotel. Ive decide its going to be owned by an old couple and have a very classy victorian feel to it. SO anyways my gallery is updated and so is my blog!!

check them out if ya have time :wave:

EmersonRow031.jpg

EmersonRow034.jpg

nah...although I like the ER it isnt one of those house that jump at me to build.

I have seen some wonderful houses but its not one I "have" to have.

so I will watch and enjoy yours!

nutti :wave:

how nice to see it is coming along so well!

and what fun to see it emerging from the box, and -- poof! -- appearing more and more complete.

? prince albert hotel?

will stay tuned for more.

*blush*

We are neck and neck now but it is in no way a race of competition. We just got the itch at the same time. I know me..Once the interior is done I will become a slo-mo.

Jenny you're a dollhouse building machine! :w00t:

haha ya my poor boyfriend. the other night he came in the room when i first started putting the base togethr and he said.

"your starting ANOTHER?"

I said "yes its a hobby, thats what you do"

he said " yes but i thought you would at least take a break after building the willowcrest!!!"

silly boyfriend he just doesnt get it does he? :thumb: once you build you have to have another!!!!

Way to go!

We have a couple of twins!

yep we sure do! im so excited that we are building ours at the same time. And we are doing 2 completly different themes so it will be fun to see how they grow and have their own "personalities"

Very nice looking start! It'll be fun to watch your progress, while I'l still looking for one.. ;)

Uppity ive been keeping my eyes out for one for you! as soon as i see one i will pm u with the link :)

OH my gosh!!!!!!! it just came to me out of the blue!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: The name for my hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:glare::banana::banana:

well if you saw my "Darlings" photo album, i have decided that my willowcrest resides in the fictional town of stars hollow off of the show gilmore girls... well these 2 houses will live on the same "street" as eachother... the hotel will be called.... "The Dragonfly Inn" I LOVE IT!!!!!!

the dragonfly inn is the name of loreili's inn that is in stars hollow. i love it!!! perfecto!! oo im so excited now :) i love when my house finds a name!

Very nice looking start! It'll be fun to watch your progress, while I'l still looking for one.. :thumb:

Yup, that goes for me too!!! As this is the house that I originally fell in love with way back then, and then tried to get a hold of but no luck... (Say around 10 years ago or something like that) and now I am always keeping an eye out for one!

Perhaps something like "Victoria Inn" ????

Hugs and looking forward seeing your blog about this one!

haha are we neck and neck right now? im really excited we are building this kit at the same time. it really goes to show how the same exact kit can develope its own personality and look completly different. I love that fact about this hobby!