Emerson Row

heidiiiii

Welp I gotta a little more progress done today. no pictures yet... I started side paneling the bottom part of the front. lol i wasnt kindding when I said i glued everything down so tight. silly me didnt think ahead of those harder to reach areas that my side panels would have to get to! lol oh well in the end i know its gonna look great!!! im think about doing a brick trim around the frames of each window.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brick trim sounds way cool and interesting. gopher it!

where i grew up, in frost-bitten upstate NY, some of the older buildings had that, along with some kind of brick inlay design on chimneys. very attractive.

Thanks all.

I have more pics up in my blog. Had a lil problem with a seam on one of the window panels but I am not going to worry about it. Nothing a lil wood putty cant fill in.

I want to publicly thank Anna! She is mailing me a package of egg carton-like material so that I can get the bricking started. WooHoo Anna!!! I dont have to beg on the street for scraps!

Okay I was watching Breakfast at Tiffanys last night while I was waiting for the glue to dry and I am glad I did (i have seen the movie a bazillion times).

I froze the screen and looked at the brownstone she lived in. They had these long awnings that half covered the windows...Windows just like the E. Row. I figured I can buy a lil bit of ticking and use some large gauge black wire I have and make the same thing.

I did a sketch on my E.Row instructions so I wouldnt forget. The other thing is that most street level windows have bars or grates over them to prevent break ins.. I have to figure out how I am going to make that!

Good for you!

I was a football widow last night (poor poor Patriots..but gotta give props to Manning!) so I had alot of time on my hands.

I think the bricks around the windows would be great! I wonder if there are certain architechural aspects of San Fran houses compared to the rest of the US in terms of how the laid the brickwork..meaning patterns.

See b4 dhs I would have never thought of something like that.

aww see i was rooting for the colts! the patriots beat my beloved chargers and i wanted them to loss! lol i know im a stinker.

well i just did a quick blog and updated my gallery :ohyeah:

I saved money!

I had leftover candy foils from a couple Halloweens ago. So I gave it a try on the small roof overhangs to see how coppery looking it would turn out.

IT IS GORGEOUS!

I blogged it.

Da da da daaaaaa!

I have finished the shell! Woohoo! Yeah! Yippee! Right on sister! Gimme 5, on the side, Up high, down low, Oops too slow, Gotta go!

I was possessed... Somebody took over my body and pushed me to finish.. Was it wenlaine? Was it Havanaholly?

I dont know but it was pretty ez to get done and now it is time to decorate!

I made a lil boo-boo on the attic wallpaper (see my blog) but it is fixable. I am going to start on the exterior today. I had one egg carton that I have been cutting up to get me started. I will use it on the basement area just in case the texture is different from what Anna is sending me.

And I remembered to hit publish this time :)

Looking sooooo good Heidi, you must really have gone into the "zone" here!!!!

The envelope is on its way to you as of today so I am hoping it will zap over rel quick!!!!

Can't wait to see how it finishes up for you!!!! Loving this house and it is so much fun to be able to follow you building it as well!

Hugs

YAY HEIDI!! im jealous of your "zone" i havent found mine in a few days... i moving along a little slower now, but i think it was mostly because i was stumped on the roof. but now that i have a plan i am back on track! im going to draw up some plans today to see how it will look with a mansard roof.

dont worry about the attic mix up that happens, that is very fixable. better that then putting a piece together wrong or something!!

im loving your house!! keep up the good work!

well i was feeling pretty stumped yesterday when I couldnt decided what to do with the roof. but now I have found my idea! hopefully it will turn out nice. only time will tell...

today im going to sketch out my plan for the roof to give my self better idea. Then this week I need to hit the store to get some thin plywood. I havent picked out any wallpaper for this house either. Im going to go through my drawer tonight to see if i have any i like. or would like to use for the attic/bathroom. that way i can get those arches up!

oo man if only i didnt work today...

You can dooo it!

I wallpapered the gables and the section I screwed up on just to make it ezier on me. I left the other walls bare because I want to run electricals into the attic.

I think your idea is really great.

After I eat lunch I am going to work on construction the beehive oven and also cut out some foamcore for a wall between the kitchen and bar. I want the beehive butt to stick out in the bar area but I have to think about it..

You are moving along great. Have you figured out how you are going to do that roof?

I did the oven for the kitchen yesterday. Going to work on that some more today.

yep i figured out what i am going to do...

I'm going to make another flot top piece that will attach to the top of each pitched roof, and im going to make a flat piece that will glue to the sides of the 2 picthed roof pieces that are in the middle... does that make since? then i will make 2 triangle pieces that will glue onto the arched sides of the piched roofs where the windows are. and then basically after that im going to do clay around it..

grr that didnt make since did it. its SO hard to write out. i will just have to wait tell i do it to show you all better :flowers: i plan to get my material for this tomorrow

Yeah, tracy does that sometimes if there are multiple threads on the same subject.

I am being semi dh lazy. I have been in a cleaning mode and dont want to sit and work on it. But I will be working on the fireplace for the kitchen today. I have to finish putting on the brickwork. I havent taken a pic yet.

I need to go to AC moore this weekend and see what they have for scrapbook paper. I have to get something to catch my eye. Want the bedrooms to be girly.. Pinks, reds, florals..

All the rooms will have hardwood floors.

that sounds awesome heidi!! ya i havent worked on mine in a few days either. i need to go to michaels to get some more scrap book paper too! and i plan for all my floors to be hardwood as well :D