Hello from New Zealand!

debnz

:D Hi everyone,

"Hi my name is Deb and I am addicted to dollshouses" :cheers:

As you can see form NZ, not a huge hobbie down this end of the world, but with a bit of research and some fantastic internet shops I am starting to get a good resource of material...having a mother that lives in England helps also! The regular parcels through the mail!

I have been "addicted" as people like to call it, for a year now and have worked hard on my first house, I am soon to pick up my second, and not make the mistakes I did on the first. I enjoy making things for it out stuff, getting projects off the net, it's all fun. My friend think i'm mad, :thumbup: but they soon ohhh and ahhh when they come to look!

My husband likes it cause it keeps me quiet! My spare room looks like a mini construction zone! But it's fun.

Look forward to getting lots of ideas from a wealth of knowledge out there...I would love a beacon hill! maybe next year!

Cheers Deb :lol:

Welcome, Deb! I visited NZ (mainly Auckland) back in the day. Always thought if I had to retire abroad, it would be to NZ. :lol:

What house did you build?

When you have 5 posts, you can create an album. We're all waiting for pictures!

I have been building decorating the "louisa house" 8 rooms.... consevatory and have just purchased the "belinda house" 7 rooms and conservatory. big plans for that one....

Auckalnd is a nice place,, I am further down the coast, about 2.5 hours away.

Deb :lol:

hello, and welcome!

have always wanted to visit NZ, it looks amazingly beautiful in the tourist propaganda. :)

do you have a particular mini project you're working on now?

Thank you all for your awesome welcomes! NZ is a beautiful as all the propagander says, after travelling it's always nice to come back to. :D

At the moment I am working on gardens for the house I am doing, and trying to figure out where to put all the furniture i have collected. Starting to plan how i will do the rooms in the next house, raised floors and wood floors, I hear ice blocks sticks are the way to go with this so will give it a try... :lol:

:lol: to the forum, Deb. I don't know what has happened to Glen, our other resident Kiwi, but the last we heard he was working on a Haunted House kit.

Do feel free to jump in and share pictures and tips gleaned from those building "mistakes"/ learning opportunities :wave:

Hello and welcome to the forum!!!!

This is a true treasure trove of information as well as all the friendly people around helping one out with hints and tips and "what about if you ..."

Looking forward seeing your work!

Mini-hugs