The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you planning for your Haunted house Melissa?? Do you have a special occupant yet or are you going to go full fledge haunted on it or will it be a regular house or cottage?

I know Linda is still unsure what she is goig to do with hers. Nutti and my house looks like they will be twins LOL. :p

I think Holly will be working on this one too and Calamarie I have not heard from her in a little bit. I really like how mine is turning out and I had to order new light fixtures cause I can't find the ones I had already bought :D . Oh well, when I find them, I am sure I can still use them. :)

Holly hopes she will be working on the haunted house, I have a couple of ideas of what I'd like to do with it (depending on what the house wants, the pub was not what I had originally though to do with the Glencroft, but there it is...); but it has not yet arrived.

un fortunatly for nutti's house nutti does not have Tracy's artistic skills

so poor nutti's witch will have to live in substandered house...ohhh wait a sec

she wont mind overmuch just look at her companions!

although our houses have started out with the same idea Im sure there will be a significant difference. we shall have faternal twin houses! :)

today I have slept....Im worn out after our late night mini party.

and I am less than satisfied with my Wall paper choices....now that Ive started the house Im thinking just use the regular floral paper and age it with a dirty wash after its up? see this is where my trouble starts. this is why it takes poor nutti sooooo long to get anything done.

I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order.

nutti :D

I plan to turn mine into an old shack type cabin,located somewhere WAAAY down in the bayou. Anyone know where I can find a 1 inch scale aligator?and some chickens? It will be inhabited by "Hattie" The local "healer"/ (herbalist/magic practitioner) /brewer of potions. I have already completed and dressed the doll.When the house is finished it can sit next to the "greenhouse"( built for Ernie's contest last year).

Melissa

"P.S. do i get my member status changed to "team builder" now??"

Oh yeah Right Nutti. Your house will be very nice. I can see it already!! Shucks, I LOVE looking at your stuff and your wonderful ideas. Yeah they'll me different but twins still. I can't wait to see it. Are you sure you are tiered??? :p:D

I will update the pictures of mine later on tonight I think. The entire outside if clayed now (except the roof). I am waiting for my new lights. I'll have candles for the cave.

Melissa, you idea sounds Wonderful!! I can not wait to see it. At the 2004 Tom Bishop show, there was a really nice house on the Bauyou and it had a fortune teller in it and the guy had the thing set up with voice activation upon motion so the lady would start talking and stuff when you walk by. It had a alligator and stuff too. I can't wait to see yours!! :)

Oh, I just had to add my 2 cents! These houses are so cool! Tracy and Nutti, I love what you're doing with adding on the cave/dungeon. I can't wait to see them completed!

Melissa, I love your idea too! I saw some 'wild' animals at Michael's the other day. They were on a stand and there was a whole bunch of them. Perhaps there was an alligator there. I'm going tomorrow, so could look for you if you like.

Oh my, being a native Californian, who has never traveled, I have never seen one. I am not sure I will have time to make a tree. After I finish the house and make a base for it to join the greenhouse, I will have to have a few trees.

I am so excited to see and hear what everyone has planned to do with their houses.

Melissa

Melissa, I found an alligator, a crocodile, a rooster and some chickens and even a goat at Michael's today. I brought them home to take a picture for you. If you like, I can post them to you if you can't find them or there isn't a Michael's close to you. Just let me know!

The alligator and crocodile are 6" in length and about 2.5" in width.

The rooster and chickens are 2" in height and about 1" in width.

The goat is 3" in length, 2.5" in height and about 1" in width.

They're all very well made and colorful!

post-267-1126041474_thumb.jpg

I went to Michaels today and saw all of those except the alligator and goat. I did pick up a crocodile but it is not what I wanted. If you would be willing I would be interested in buying them from you or trading or something just let me know. I am STILL waiting on my house. It is 6pm here and UPS delivers in my area untill 7pm, so I have to wait an hour before I can start yelling " where is my package" .

Melissa, you might try the local Dollar store, or Dollar tree if you have one nearby. At the bazaar where I have my booth on the weekends, I picked up a couple of darling little alligators, but they were in comical poses. Down in FLorida I picked one up at an orange stand I couldn't resist, complete with pink bikini and palm tree....the two from the bazaar I picked up were sitting on their haunches and were in scale, which I couldn't beat!

I love your ideas for a Cajun setting......my husband Chris' family is half Creole, part of his family was from Louisiana, down in the bayou. Is your herbalist going to be creole? I remember you had a few snakes in the greenhouse, they eat rattlesnake and alligator--Chris said that when he would go down to visit, one of his cousins taught him to skin one, and the meat is good. In Fredericksburg they serve gator bites, fried in a cajun seasoning, and it's good....they also chop up hot peppers for their sausage. I love the cajun bayou herbalist type setting, it sounds like fun. Their trees have the 'grandfather's beard,' or spanish moss, like the ones in the carolinas and Georgia.

omg Melissa she is so perfect...

I see her in just the setting you have described!!

the house is so simple you will make big progress soon...cant wait to see.

Hey Linda will yours be a haunted house?? if so perhaps this is the one to try

ya cant mess up a haunted house!...or so Tracy tells me!

TTFN!

nutti :o

Nutti, to you it may seem simple. Darrell has informed me. he is just advising on this one and I have to do it myself. Even though it will be the first 1 inch scale I have ever built from a kit, I just had to do some kitbashing, albeit minor. Am reading and re-reading the instructions, as due to how I am going to finish it, I will not be able to follow the instructions step by step in the order they are written.

Am off to sleep, so I can wake up and build.

Melissa

:o  Mine is still in transit. I have started gathering supplies, and preparing ideas.My kitchen table is cleaned and covered in newspaper. It looks so empty and strange to have it empty with no project on it.

Melissa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, mine went to Sacramento, California, LOL, and it won't be back here in NC until September 14! Is that a scream or what?

Hey Linda will yours be a haunted house?? if so perhaps this is the one to try

ya cant mess up a haunted house!...or so Tracy tells me!

TTFN!

nutti :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it will be a haunted house, but I think this one will be done primarily by Jimmy ...