The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mine went to Sacramento, California, LOL, and it won't be back here in NC until September 14! Is that a scream or what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it just went along for the ride to keep mel's house company so it wouldn't be lonely on such a long journey. GRIN!

Darrell

Melissa, I LOVE your doll!! She looks Perfect!! She looks like my Grandmother. She is so nice! I love her face and outfit too.

Linda, your house was hauted and possessed the Fed-ex driver to take it on a tour of the USA lol.

Nutti, your fireplace is WONDERFUL! I Loev it!! You go girl! I am so proud of you!

;)

Go Nutti, Go Nutti, Yo, Yo, Go Nutti!!

We don't sign for ours, either, packages wind up on the bench on the front porch, by the door, or like The Arthur delivery, on the hood of DH's truck; lately Fed Ex has been arriving sometime between dinnertime & after the dishes are done (I have a bimanual dishwasher, at the ends of my arms lol).

Your neigbor signed for it because you weren't there or was it delivered to her?

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They attempted to deliver to me, but of course I was at work and not at home, Zack was at school and Jimmy was at work, so they delivered it to my next door neighbor. I think someone got chewed royally over that package, because when I first discovered that it was in Sacramento it had a delivery date to me of Sept 14. It looks like it was shipped on August 31, economy?, and then it arrived in Sacramento on Sept 7 and I guess they realized then that it wasn't supposed to be there and so they planned on shipping it to North Carolina via the same way it was shipped to Sacramento. Sacramento sat on it for more than 24 hours after they got it. Then all of a sudden that thing was moving and the projected arrival date was changed to Sept 9. It went from Sacramento, CA to Memphis, TN to Charlotte, NC in under 24 hours. I think they had someone sign so they could show it arrived, since it messed up.

A very well travelled house!

hey its beginning to look like a haunted house now.

I wish I hadnt promised sil I would wait to work on dungeon till she gets here.

I know I have plenty to keep me busy with the house but it keeps calling me.......

ME...ME....DO ME!!! :)

oh well by the time she gets here the house will be done...wont she be supprized?

nutti ;)

I discovered today that my house is haunted in some way. To start, I was gluing on little boards to the inside of the house and what will be the ceiling. I must of had a brain fog or something, because I did not pay attention to well or some evil ghost did this to me. I have long hair below my waist, I did not put it up before working. and it was going eveywhere, everytime I leaned over. I failed to notice it had gone in the glue and then to the pile of little boards, picking up a few now and then. By the time I noticed this several had attached them selves to my hair, requiring them to be soaked out. I will make sure my hair is put up out of harms way whenever I work on a project from now on.

Melissa

OH NO Melissa! I am sorry! I am also laughing my head off right now! Sounds so much like something that I would do! Except that I have, but with paint ... I didn't put my hair in a ponytail, and it dipped itself into the paint!

I am still grinning over the vision of the little boards sticking to your hair ...

That is funny. Where is the picture of it? That is a Kodak moment! ;) Yeap, these houses ARE haunted. I glued my chimney on 2 times and somehow it has managed to come off again (3 times in all).

It is just too weird. Freak accidents are happening with this one.

I need to put up builder beware signs LOL. :)

Wow! I finally got a chance to catch up on some of the pictures. Nutti, Tracy, and Melissa, your houses are looking so good! I love the idea of the external stairs and Nutti, your fireplace is outrageously cool. I have to get me some skull beads now! Melissa, I really like the siding you are putting on this house, very neat. Tracy, I love the idea of the cave under the stairs, I can't wait to see what you do with that. ;)

Well even though we had a birthday party this evening I didnt want anyones first look at my haunted house to be a dud. so after I completed a project I put all the furniture Im thinking of using into the house. I took a photo and will blog the rest

post-9-1126496957_thumb.jpg

the house went over real big! now for my hang up...alway has to be one. ;)

I painted the house an antique white and than used a black dirty wash over it...it looks great. but Im not sure what color to paint the dern trim.

Im leaning to white with blue shutters...the door has been stained. after painting the porch and window trims white I thought a dirty wash...any thoughts?

nutti :)

I have now added boards to the inside walls, and ceiling. I am in the process of aging the boards. I will add pics in the blog area tomorrow afternoon. I have bashed a couple of "Michaels" hutches to make shelving for the herbs and such. I do want to mention that all the boards I am adding to the house are stuff I had laying around. Coffee stirrer sticks, left over individual siding, and scraps. I am hoping I still have enough to put boards on the second floor, not sure what I am going to do for the second floor walls and ceiling. Perhaps cover it with newspaper.

Melissa.