The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, those skeletons are pretty neat! Great find Cat!

I have hinted to Jimmy that he can go ahead and begin the haunted house. He gives me "that look" and says "we're already building a house wife" ... So, guess I'm gonna have to do the same thing as what I done with the Westville, huh?

A few weeks ago I dressed one of those bendy skeletons in a wedding gown and veil. It had been sitting by my computer. Last night I went to work on my haunted house and it was standing inside. Darrell had placed it in the house to say hello to me. Darrell said her name is "Anna Rexia", Then He sat down and joined me in the building process. We had a lengthy discussion on what the house needed done to it. Darrell then sat down with a hadfull of coffee stirrer sticks and created a screen door. He then added posts to the porch. The he went into this thing about putting the house on blocks so the termites cant hurt it. I guess in a small way he has joined me on this project.

Melissa

What kind of blocks? Cinderblocks? The neat thing about raising the house like that is that it gives you the opportunity to have the swamp extend underneath the house. That would be a cool effect. Need a flat bottomed boat moored nearby.

Not sure I have room for a boat. We are making the base twice as deep as the measurements of the greenhouse base and desiging it so they can sit together the third spot on the side will have a seperate piece that will have an outhouse and family graveyard on it. All 3 pieces will be able to sit by each other. I have never worked with water, and am afraid it may have a smell associated with it that would not be good for my lungs to breath. Maybe in the furture I could build a base with water and a boat to sit on the otherside of the house.

Darrell constructed the boards of the screen door with coffee stirrer sticks. We plan on using an old pair of black pantyhose stretched tight for the screen. Darrell will be doing that, The only thing I am doing to the screen is aging it, The blocks under the house are wooden rectangles, resembling posts.

I still have so much work to do on this and so little time.

Melissa

Melissa, they have something out now that creates 'fake' water. I saw it at the Chicago Mini Show . . . can't remember the name of it. :D Perhaps someone else knows?!! I don't know if it has a 'smell' to it or not, but hopefully someone knows that too! B)

Love the name . . . Anna Rexia!! :D

nutty

My dauther works at a k-mart and this year they have a little miniature village for holloween they had little string of light that look like skull the eyes light up and also had lamp post that fit the sceen thought you would like to know

Donna

nutty

My dauther works at a k-mart and this year they have a little miniature village for holloween they had little string of light that look like skull the eyes light up and also had lamp post that fit the sceen thought you would like to know

Donna

oooo thats sounds great!

unfortunatly for me we do not have a K-mart anywhere close to me. :p

problem for nutti

I used spray adhesive to put my floral moss on my roof and now it isnt stuck :D

does this mean I should take it all off and use good ole tacky glue to get it to stay stuck?

ugggg I hate when a plan comes unstuck! :D

nutti B)

woohoo for me my lights have arrived....

sad for me 2 of the lights I ordered are too big. and not wired the same as the others. and one was broked B)

oh well working on porch and chimney today.

Tracy, should I spray the chimney made from foamcore with kilz before ding the spackle and rocks?

nutti :D

Also why not use a hot glue gun for the mossy roof problem you are having?

hmmmm well now that would have been a little more convenient....probly why I didnt think of it! :D

I just used good ole Aileens tackey glue. but its all up there and I have painted the porch using a crackle effect and also the window trims and window boxes.

just waiting for the paint to dry now.

did anyone but me notice the porch cutouts look like ghost and if ya turn them upside down they look like cauldrons?

now I think Ill try to do the stained glass window. not sure how Im gonna do it. but I found and owl design that might do ok. gonna try it...though I have a real hard problem resizing.

nutti B)

oooohhhh Tracy! I been missin out all day! :D

since I couldnt resize the one I found I just got out my miniature stained glass windows book and (gulp) cut out the ones I wanted to use.

I tried the copy thing like you described from the Arthur windows you did

pffffttt didnt work. so I just used them out of the book.

the book wasnt that expensive and I have many more to choose from so Ill just do it that way. I have all of the outside trim up and Im ready to dirty wash the white stuff.

than after I install 2 windows and the door and the back part of ceiling I will be done with the build. and decorating as well. all I need to do is make my chimney.

I want another one of these little houses...this would make the sweetest cottage for a gift giving!

nutti B)

I havent been working on the cave as I promised my SIL we would do it together because she helped me with the first part. she will be here this weekend.

so I will have updated photos on that part. on sunday.

I told her I would get the house as done as I could so we could concentrate completly on the cave/dungeon....my next thing to attempt is a spiral staircase up to the house.

I am very eager to finish the cave.

I played with my 2 lights I got from HBS and all I can say is

OMGOSH what a difference some lights make for a miniature setting. I am sooooo gonna have to learn to make my own lights so I can afford them! and I can tell the big Granville I have waiting will need MORE wiring. the rooms in that house are huge.

I have added more photos in my blog and on the webshots album.

although its beginner work...I could not be more pleased that it actually looks like the ever changing picture in my head. B)

TTFN!