The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

It's looking great, Nutti! I love the gargoyles and the little dragon. The flattened auntie on the side of the house is a wonderful touch. She must have had a bit too much brew. Love the lights! :D

I've posted a few pictures of my house but I haven't been able to edit them. Webshots likes to tell me that the album has been moved whenever I try to add text :D . I'm thinking of closing my albums and moving everything over here to the gallery. B)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutti, your house is awesome! :D Your cave turned out way cool! I also like the little 'auntie' on the side of the house. Too funny! The fireplace looks so awesome with the skulls and other stuff. You have such a great imagination!! B)

plzz note the poor aunti witch who flew into the house was made by me from the AM instructions at the first club meeting I attended.

I however do not have that issue and would love to have it.

it was quick and cute. I have taken it apart twice to make a pattern for other witches I have made for friends.

nutti :D

ohh Tracy how I wish I could take credit for my witch...she is a swap from last yr from our own David Husted and the mummy comes from Terri. now I have made a witch....but she is still waiting to be baked....and is not the pretty girl.

she is the old witch auntie who came to help the younger nicer witch become better at spell casting and potions.

Im getting more comfortable with the clay and maybe for my birthday I will get me a book of how to...unless I can get someone else to give me a heads up.

I added a drty wash to the rock basin and some brown dry brushing and also the first of the moss.

I am avoiding the chimney for now. not real sure how to go about it....I do have some ideas for it though.

thanks for the many compliments.

I also am looking for ideas to fill the cave with. not sure what to do in there yet.

nutti :D

Teresa, The "Wrong Way Witch directions are in American Miniaturist issue #6 (sept/Oct 2003) starting on page 57, the directions are by Pat Walton.

http://www.americanminiaturist.com is the magazine website, they may have a back issue or info on obtaining the directions.

Thought I would tell everyone that I am having so much fun working on this house. I am working on aging the roof and making curtains, and landscaping today. I did post an undate in the bog section complete with pics of me winning the war on warping little pieces of wood. I can't believe how much glue I have used. My bottle is almost empty, that will be 20 oz of glue lol. I was under the impression that to make something look old was easy, well it'd not. I had to make it look pretty, then age it. If I had thrown it together the mistakes would of made it look like it needed condemed. I needed it to show age and settling, so the few mistakes I made (like the crooked storage room window) will be covered with curtains. I could pretend the house setted significatly on that side.

Melissa

New pictures in blog! With a little help from Darrell I finally got the roof to look right. I have a little more work to do on the path and some fine tuning of the landscaping in general to make it match up to the greenhouse well but the OUTSIDE of the house is pretty much done. We may have to add one of those stovepipes going up the wall depending on what kind of stove the occupant installs. You will meet her soon. I also need to add door knobs/handles, and a few little fine tuning things.

While you all have a look I'm going back to work to help the lady of the house arrange her funiture. We may even have to go shopping together to pick out just the right things.

Melissa

PS - While I'm on the inside of this house working Darrell has started another project.

Oh my goodness . . . all your houses are turning out so spectacularly!!

Tracy, as always, your house is wonderful! Love the paperclay! I'm going to give it a try when I bash my Buttercup. Hope it turns out half as good as yours!! :lol:

Melissa, love what you did with yours! The crocodile looks very hungry! <_<

Hey Tracy I was having another look at your hill and the moss....what did you use?

I like yours very much. Im just using the Floral moss from Wal-mart.

your whole house is just as I pictured in my mind.

and someday Ill have the skills to make it look the same as I see in my mind.

although I am very happy with how mine has turned out. but than I look at yours and "sigh"

will you have occupants?

it really is the sweetest little house.

hugggzz

Nutti <_<

Caleria, I believe you can order the Haunted House through the Greenleaf site or Miniatures.com also.

Holly, I've order the American Miniaturist magazine #6 with the witch project! I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive! Hope it comes before my Halloween party!!

Hey Nutti :lol:

Your haunted house is looking great!! My own witch is jealouse, all she got was a pumpkin orange motorcycle to ride and her sister (your witch) has this wonderful house with basement and pets!!! <_< I haven't worked on this house but I noticed you said you were trying to figure out what to do about the chimney - I'm working on my chimney right now for my Laffeyette (which I spelled wrong). Which reminds me I need to take more photos before I put the back piece on. I'm using 2 wide inch balsa wood strips that I got at a craft store and running the chimney up the outside of the house. Where I grew up a lot of older homes had these stone chimneys on the outside. So basically I'm just gluing the wood to the side of the house to make a box shape and covering it with paperclay. I'll send you some photos of what I have so far if you want. If you have an easy cutter it's pretty easy (at least so far) to add this kind of chimney.

-David