The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

Here I am again to let everyone know I have finished the Haunted house and its display. you can read all about it in my blogg

with nice photos. :D

the blog is long but the pictures are worth it.

my chimney gave me problems because I wanted to make it removeable...it is not

but it is done. hubby said we can still work with the wires ...coz I hid them in the chimney...so its all good. ;)

I used foamcore and made the chimney and used the bufoam for the top chimney remember that the roof is already on.so I had to fill in the groove with spackle.

I used the jewels found in the cave to break up the rock. but I again used the aqurium gravel....I mean its here ya better use it. :D

a dirty wash will see it finished.

but that will be after I sleep...so Im off to do that.

TTFN

nutti :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for the nice compliments. I have never been to the south either, just imagined it. Darrell was a source for some things. like it needed a screen door and how Hattie would talk to people. Linda helped with pics of spanish moss. It was such a joy to build, It was the funnest time I ever had building a house.

Melissa

Melissa, I am from the south and I would never had known you were not a true southerner. Except in my case "yall" doesn't have an apostrophe in it. LOL I love your house. Where did you get your Hattie, I love her.

Peggi

Melissa, your house is wonderful! I love all the potion bottles and the hats . . . too cute! :D I love Miss Hattie! She's absolutely perfect in her "little" home! Love it all!!

I still like the way he did the bed, though. I'm thinking I'll paint the furniture, like I did that in the Sugarplum, rather than staining it & tryin to make it into a "silk purse".

BTW I think the instructions start out backwards. I love the way they read to follow them exactly and then start off out of order :p

I still like the way he did the bed, though. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Holly! I'll let him know!

Jimmy I think is now becoming intimidated at this point. Which reminds me that I need to post pix. Perhaps I will do that Friday eve. It has been horrifically busy at work for me lately! Anyway, he's at the point for landscaping and he has certain things he wants to do, so I think I need to help him a little.

I know I told you all that I had some plans for this house, but truly it has been 90% Jimmy's baby, and he's having a ball!

After I blogged the last of the glue had dried and all that was left to do was to begin assembly. Linda, you weren't kidding! This little house has only the upstairs partition to go in and I can side/shingle it and then put on the roof :D:D

I still have stairs and furniture to build for it, but otherwise this little rascal will be done by next week!

yall is just big teazers!

all this talk and no pictures! ;)

get on with it!

I do know what you mean about how fast the house goes....

those things really are haunted! they can take you over and make you decorate them they way they want! :D

I really am excited about Jimmys secret project!

and Holly it was all I could do to not make a cutsey house. this is a great house!

I would love to do another one someday.

nutti :D

I added the pre-assembly pictures to the blog, I still have to blog for today, but I'm not through yet.

I decided to use siding on the walls of the house on the porch, and then I shall use square-butt shingles on the other three walls, and the fishscale shingles on the roof.

I want to do an exterior for the chimney & fireplace, so that'll be next, before I shingle the right wall.