The Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE it!

how great is that?!!

the colors are perfect and he just did a great job with the breaking and such!!

really spoooky. perfect Halloween scene.

WTG Jimmy

nutti :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jimmy talking--I'm typing:

I told Linda I like breaking stuff! I'm gonna start building her houses like that!

Jimmy C.

Linda, Jimmie & you did a Fantastic Job!! This house looks Wonderful. The different ways this house turned out is Awesome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Tracy! I liked the different ways everyone did theirs too!

Jimmy C.

I like what he did with the house. I have liked what everyone did as well. It amazes me how many different looks we got from the same kit.

Melissa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Melissa! I really liked your house too!

Jimmy C.

Now this is no fair really! :blink: I haven't thought about the fortune teller setting for a long time and now reading about this is getting the mind all working with the idea again...

I have made a series of books explaining tarot cards as well as the tarot cards themselves, they are ready and awaiting somewhere to go. And the bayoux set up, I can just feel it to be soooo right for this as well. Oh now I will definitley have to search around for more inspiration before I take out the sketch pad.

Hmmm, wonder if the Primrose I still have in the box might work for this or ????

• 2 weeks later...

This little house is such a breeze to put together! Well, if you don't count the fact that I glued the base pieces on sideways instead of on the edge . . . thanks to hubby, that disaster has been averted! It's so cute (minus the haunted look). I was going to do "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", but the top floor is kind of small for the elaborate bedroom, so it is now my "Winter Contest" project.

You can view pictures at my site below. I'm only posting up to the completion of the build because I want the rest to be a surprise!! ;)

I painted the bed & bedside tables in a "folk art" style. I'm assembling the dining furniture, I found a wonderful old polyester necktie with which to upholster the chairs. I'm thinking walnut stain.

Holly, it all sounds so wonderful! I never would have thought to use a necktie for upholstery!! ;) Hubby has a bunch hiding in the closet he never wears anymore . . . hmmm . . . (rubbing hands together in a sinister manner). :lol:

I love walnut stain, so that's a definite thumbs up! from me!! :lol:

Where are your pictures? B)

You can view pictures at my site below.  I'm only posting up to the completion of the build because I want the rest to be a surprise!!  :lol:

Teresa, thanks for putting these pics up. Even though I won't likely start working on my haunted house until January, my brain is working on it now. The pictures are VERY helpful in seeing what I can and can't do without having to open the box when my house arrives. ;)

Jivvy

Where are your pictures?

In the camera, thence to the blog, & I'll post when I get there. I just found some thread I can use to crochet a spread/ afghan for the bed.

It got to a point where every time we went to Good Will DH had to make me put the stacks of ties back. I have a huge cardboard box full, but they make WONDERFUL mini upholstery ;)

Jivvy, you're gonna love this little house! Glad I could help with the creative process! ;)

Holly, I can't wait to see your pictures! It's all sounding so wonderful! :lol:

My haunted house arrived today. I had sworn I wouldn't even open the box. See, I have three projects that must be completed before year end (four if I did the winter contest, but I don't think that's happening).

But I thought... "I'll just flip through the pieces to see what's here..." I opened the box ...

It was at the point that I was sorting the pieces and laying them out on my living room floor, that I caught myself, stacked everything back together, put it all back in the box.

I may have to have my husband hide the box, lol.

Thank you Greenleaf... I'm very much looking forward to working in a scale where I won't lose a wall if I cough at my worktable. ;)

Jivvy

I'm very much looking forward to working in a scale where I won't lose a wall if I cough at my worktable.

Too funny, Jivvy! :D Be sure to take lots of pictures to share with us!! :D

But I thought... "I'll just flip through the pieces to see what's here..." I opened the box ...

It was at the point that I was sorting the pieces and laying them out on my living room floor, that I caught myself, stacked everything back together, put it all back in the box.

It got you too huh? :D I was just going to set the box in the studio and go on getting ready for work. Half an hour later, hubby is asking me if I'm going to work or not. heheheheheehe

Deb

SInce I am one of those people who wants to plan ahead :) of things and I am thinking about the haunted house kit that will arrive, yay, and that I want to turn it into a bookstoor downstairs, I were wondering if someone would do me a huge fabour?

I would love to know the measurements fot he downstairs room, ie lenght, width and height to the ceiling, pretty please :) because with that in my head I could do a "floor" plan and start moving things in (I usually make paper templates of the things I want to get in there and move them around on the floor plan)to see what space I have and what I can put in there and how high I can build the bookshelves and what shape the shop counter should be and...

Hugs

Hi Anna, okay measurements for the bottom floor of the Haunted House are:

left side 9 1/4" wide X 8" deep X 9" high

right side 7 1/4" wide X 11" deep X 9" high

Hope that helps! I can't wait to see pictures of what you're doing with this little house!! :)

left side 9 1/4" wide X 8" deep X 9" high

right side 7 1/4" wide X 11" deep X 9" high

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you!!! It will help a lot, I have even found a palce to get me ready (!) made bookshelves that might work in this. That would definitley save me some time :) which is a good thing. Now to see if they might suit....

And I will definitley be taking a lot of pics, I love those in progress ones.

That is if the camera starts behvaing again, we have just been forced to send it back to the shop since it didn't work properly when the lfash was needed.

Again, thank you so much! Now I can get more things planned ahead, whohoa!

Hugs

PS, just went to the site I saw the bookshelves on earlier and they will fit great, now I know what to put on my wishlist for Christmas, goodie! :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Tracy's patience with my primitive photography equipment & limited skills the house construction pictures have all been uploaded onto the Haunted House building blog.

The house didn't make up haunted, but it went right out to a new home, nonetheless :)

Ok, after being taken down a bit the last couple of days by a nasty head cold and a voice that has almost vanished, guess if my mood changed when I got home today and there is note saying "you have a apckage form Greenleaf awaiting you at the post office".

Whohoa, yippie and fa la la la la, doing the happy dance!!!

I guess hubby better get his mind set on driving me there this afternoon, doesn't he???

Doing, the happy dance, doing the happy dance and singing "thank you very much" all by myself!!! :)

Ok, better get on with my little gift bag I need to have done until tomorrow, and I have only taken out the things to put in there yikes!

Hugs for now

oooo glad your house is there and you are feeling well enough to make hubby let you go collect it!

sooo exciting. and do you have big plans for it?

I look forward to veiwing your photos.!

nutti :)

I am one happy mini-er tonight I tell you! I have been fiddling with the haunted house after getting to go and fetch it, DH didn't mind at all the sweet t hing. SO off we went and got the box, now I think Christmas came a bit early but I sure don't mind! :o He did however grumble just a tad when the kit started to take over the kitchen table, just a little but still some muttering under hos breath :D so I did pack it away for the evening promising him that I wouldn't start on it until the Aster is done (and guess what I am going to work on after school is out tomorrow and the Christmas holidays start???) so as y ou might ahve guessed the Aster will get some attnetion to get the firplace in place, some pillows and stuffing etc to the chiars and bed.

But now I will curl up with the instruction sheet for the haunted house for a while and then it is off to sleepy world for a while...

Still doing the happy dance but silent this ime since he is tucked in bed and sleeeeping LOL

Hugs